49| Evil Cat Lady

Y/N POV

So my plan failed for good and I just created a new problem for Draco. He was constantly having an anxiety attack every time I was out of his sight, even for only a minute. That night, he made me promise that I would try living my life and get myself back, at least for him. Even so, nothing helped with his anxiety attack. This made me felt more guilty than when I tried to leave all of this. My existence just brought bad things to people whom I loved.

He took my wand with him and only allowed me to have it when the class required me to. He told me that he would fully give it back to me once I was emotionally stable which was ridiculous. However since I felt guilty, I let him do that. I realised that my decision that night was the most stupid idea ever. Draco had a point, taking my own life would never solve any problem.

None of us dared to bring up the incident that night ever again. Even though the situation was hard for me right now, I would try turning things back to normal, for him. Actually, that would be easy because I knew I have someone to support me all the time now.

"I'm gonna find the murderers and I'll torture them until they beg for me to stop before I finally cut them into pieces and throw their flesh to the forbidden forest," I hissed.

"Cutting them into pieces? I say that's a little too much," Draco blurted from beside me.

"They killed my parents. They deserve it."

He stayed in silence. His hands stopped whatever they were doing to my hair. I turned to see him, his eyebrows were wrinkled but then softened as our eyes met. What was he thinking?

"Anyway, I've been wanting to tell you this. Thank you for waiting for me," I spoke as I planted a kiss on his right cheek.

"Thank you for always being there for me no matter what the situation is," and a kiss to his left cheek.

"Thank you for giving me a reason to continue liv–"

His soft warm lips met mine in a swift. A tingling sensation filled my stomach in a matter of second. How could I ever think to end all this out and leave this guy before? I should've known that he was the only one I would live for. Maybe I was born for him.

"Thank you for being my Y/N," he smiled.

This should be easy.

•••

Umbridge made me go to detention again. Harry had finished his detention somewhere during the weeks I was gone. I just had to bear with it for a few more days, I hoped. With my parents gone, this woman thought that I would have no power anymore and my last name would be completely useless. She was being crueller than ever. I couldn't even think about how much blood I had lost during all these detention sessions with her.

"You can go now."

I was walking through the corridors to go back to the Slytherin common room but I decided to go to the prefects' bathroom first. Too bad my private room didn't come with a private bathroom too. Blood dripping from my left hand probably had made a path of me walking. I had no one to tell about this anymore. My parents were dead and I couldn't let Draco get in trouble by knowing this.

Someone tapped on my shoulder while I was trying to clean up the bloodstains on my robe.

"Oh, hi Hermione."

"Let me see. Harry told me about it," she said, pulling my left hand gently. I didn't know what was wrong with Harry, he could get Hermione in trouble.

"It's okay, really. Just some scratches," I faked a laugh.

"I know you don't want anyone to get in trouble for you but this is different Y/N, you should at least talk to me."