63| Discovery

Y/N POV

Draco decided to sleep in my room for the night after the very mild intercourse we had before dinner. We were being the talk during dinner cause for the first time after the break-up, which everyone obviously knew, Draco and I came to dinner together. He never let go of my hand at the time. Speaking of hand, he asked if my hand had healed again before we went to bed. I told him that I didn't want to talk about it and he didn't push anymore.

I didn't sleep last night. I was scared to fall asleep. What if all of this was just a dream in my head and all would be gone once I woke up? Or what if everything that happened here was real but he would wake up to be the cold Draco and forgot about what he did yesterday? I didn't know what I would do if any of those was the reality I had to face once the morning came. I couldn't bear the pain of losing him again.

To be honest, I didn't know what we should call ourselves now. We were definitely not a couple but we acted like one. I pushed away those thoughts. That didn't matter right now. As long as he was with me, everything would be okay and things should go back to normal for now...right?

"You didn't sleep?" He asked in shock as soon as he woke up. "Learn from your mistake Y/N. I don't want you to faint again."

"Are you real?" I asked back.

"Really Y/N? That question again?" He sighed heavily.

"Actions speak louder than words. May I?" He asked.

"May you what?" I questioned, completely having no idea what he was talking about.

"Merlin's beard, you're getting so slow after more than a month of not being with me," he rolled his eyes and pulled me closer right away. He kissed me. Not a rough aggressive one, it was a warm loving kiss like the one we had at the astronomy tower on the day we became a thing.

"Am I real? I don't know. Do my lips taste real? I believe so. Do I love you so much? Absolutely," he smirked after pulling away.

"Draco...," I muttered. I felt like tearing up again, a happy cry for this time. I still couldn't believe what was happening.

"Yes my darling Y/N."

And I broke down in happy tears. This was bloody real. He just called me darling for the first time in more than a month that felt like forever.

"Y/N? Love, why are you crying? Did I hurt you somewhere?" He panicked but I hugged him instead. I was extremely glad that he was really the Draco I knew, the one that I dated for more than a year. But one thing was still bothering my mind. What were we now? And he answered the question in my mind immediately as if he could actually read through me.

"Will you please be my girlfriend again Y/N?"

"What if I say no?" I asked in between my sobs.

"You won't."

"How can you be so sure? What if I told you I like Harry?" I debated.

"Y/N please, I can only be me when you're with me and fuck Scarhead. Your heart only wants me," he scoffed.

"Seriously, I'm begging you, love. I need you Y/N."

•••

After rejecting Harry yesterday, somehow I still had the courage to show up in a D.A. meeting today. Everyone who was in the great hall yesterday could see that Draco and I were getting back together and Harry had been avoiding me since then. I couldn't blame him whatsoever. He was the one who confessed first yesterday, yet the one I dated, in the end, was Draco. It would always be Draco. And I understood very well that Harry had the right to be mad or possibly hate me now.