127| The Third Option

!!TRIGGER WARNING!!
-This chapter might be a little disturbing to some people as it contains something like encouraging others to hurt themselves-

Draco POV

Day to day, my hours were spent searching the grass and digging the ground under the balcony to Y/N's room. Exhaustion was scraping my muscles and bones but not a second did I let it swallow my will. Dirt and soil were forced to push in between nails; I should've felt immediate disgust by looking at the dark brown mess on my digits, yet I cared no less. I would only have to scrub them off later.

The brooch pair.

That was what I was looking for. I had found mine the very next day after she threw it away. Hers was the one that was still missing.

This frustrated me with sick thoughts tumbling around and around every second of the day. That necklace being disappeared seemed like it reminded me of the vanishing flame she once burnt for me; very well represented that I feared there wasn't any more space left for me in her heart—even if she ever forgave me in a later time.

However, by last night, I found some ease for myself. I got to be in the same room with her, though she went to slumber 10 feet away from me and her back was the only thing I could behold. Nonetheless, it was better than more than a week worth of night I spent pretending she was in bed beside me.

It was mother's idea to get her a separate room given the state of our relationship that was on the verge of devastation—or perhaps it already was.

I left her room as soon as the sun peeked out of the horizon. Birds chirping just added a positive vibe to this blessed morning and I unashamedly kissed her forehead before leaving earlier. That worked like a lucky charm for me; I finally found the serpent necklace that belonged to her in the bushes and a notion was pulled up, hoping that she still stored a feeling for me somewhere.

The guards who patrolled today stared at me weirdly, probably thinking I had lost my mind for getting on my knees to kiss my dirty hands happily. I kissed the necklace, her necklace. And I didn't mind whatever insult would come off their mouth.

By the time I was about to go inside; the sun was almost drowned in the west part of the earth. Y/N was usually out in the balcony around this time to play with her owl as I had observed from afar for the past few days. Then I would usually walk to a tree near the backyard, climb up on it and sit there for hours just to see her smiling faintly while talking to her owl.

Lucky bird.

My steps quickened into the manor and I could perceive my mother standing with a worried look at the main entrance. She asked me to follow her, not giving me any clue to where we were heading or what we were going to do. We entered an empty room and still with cheeks lifted of joy, I queried her intention.

She drew a handkerchief from her pocket and showed me, "I saw this in the laundry room, it's from the elves who cleaned her room daily. This is her blood—they said it was all over the piano."

My smile transformed into a frown instantly—not because of the immediate wonder of why my mother was in a laundry room, it was Y/N and her blood.

She won't hurt herself because of me, right?

"It can't—"

"She is hurting herself, Draco. Did you not see anything on the piano yesterday? I believe you stayed with her last night."

My eyes were on her only. I had a limited chance of seeing her face to face like yesterday, I certainly did not dare to waste it to look at anything else.