125| A Gloomy Night at Malfoy Manor

Y/N POV

It was exactly 5 minutes after I closed the door to the bathroom. Rather than being anxious about what he was going to say later, I was more invested in arranging my thoughts on what he was doing there. Draco wasn't in his stable state; I had been there several times and I had lost my mind once and mostly had wretched notions in mind the other times. He wouldn't be able to think straight and I worried he might do something dumb.

No sound could be heard coming from there until his figure stood in the tall opened door. He hadn't changed his clothes because I didn't get him anything to change into. Nothing really changed; his hair even looked the same as it did a few minutes ago, except for his black suit that was gone. This had me wondering what other things he had done inside the bathroom.

He made his way to the bed before gently placing himself across me. A deep breath was taken and a long blow was exhaled in exchange. The dim glow from the chandelier helped the moon to make a bright view of his face.

"So . . . what—"

"You might have heard some rumours about me at school," he started, searching for my hand to hold.

"You have tons of fans and haters, I can't tell which one of the shitty rumours they spread you're referring to."

"Shitty rumours? You don't believe them?" Asked Draco.

"I practically live with you in the castle and I know you better than them because I'm your girlfriend. There's no reason for me to believe what others say about you. I trust you, Draco. I believe in you solely."

"What if one of the rumours was true?"

To be frank, I discerned something wrong here though I supposed I could put it aside for now. I needed to know what was the point of this talk first.

"The good one?" I tilted my head to the right, "Or the bad one?"

Instead of giving a clear answer to my question, he pulled up his sleeve and twisted his left arm to show me the inner forearm that was covered in a peculiar looking tattoo.

"Not a single rumour of you having a tattoo have I heard nor have I seen it myself," I touched his arm while observing it, "I'm glad it's just a tattoo . . . If you like it then you shall keep it. I've seen muggles with tattoos before and I don't dislike them. Though I must say, I'm not quite a fan of the design you chose."

"I'm sorry . . . ."

Why is he apologising again?

"How come I haven't seen this before? Is this brand new? Like very very new? Did you get this before you came home?"

"I've had this for almost a year and been using the same spell you used on your cut from Umbridge to bury it beneath my skin."

I was speechless; my mouth gaped open, presuming if this was revenge for last year. Did he think I would get mad from a tattoo so he decided to hide it for a year? As if he knew the way to slip and read my mind, he continued his talk while our eyes were revelling in the warm gaze being shared.

"I have to cover it because it isn't a tattoo. It's a mark—I've been marked, Y/N," he inhaled heavily, "God, I love you and I understand if you're going to hate me after this, but I still hope you won't."

"Okay . . . who marked you?"

He hesitated before saying, "The Dark Lord, this is a symbol of—"

"Pardon me, who is it again?" I interjected, hoping that I heard it wrong the first time.

"Darling, Voldemort has marked me to be his follower—I'm a Death Eater."

It felt like the world stopped for a good 5 seconds before I slightly choked on my breath as laughter was pushed out to disprove. I tried my best to stay cool and conceal my uneasiness with the scornful laugh while simultaneous movements of eyes darting to analyse his expressions and fingers tapping on the bed didn't help the disguise.