30| Anger Takes Over

Y/N POV

"I hugged him."

Hermione looked at me in shock. Her look demanded an explanation. Ginny wasn't with us today, probably for the best. She didn't know anything that happened between me and Draco.

"Don't give me that look. It's not like a new thing to do between me and him," I claimed.

"Why would someone possibly have a crush on their best friend? I think I'm just dumb," I sighed.

"It's okay to like your best friend," Hermione consoled as she patted my back.

"Do you?" I asked unintentionally.

Her expression stiffened. I think I had exposed her secret. Who was it between Harry and Ron that could possibly be her crush?

"Nevermind, you don't have to tell me," I said after noticing her uneasy look. She probably hadn't trusted me that much to reveal her crush.

We both stayed in awkward silence for a while. Was revealing your crush to a friend that embarrassing? I would never know, it wasn't even me who made me realise I had a crush on Draco. I was just as clueless as ever.

"Um...I gotta go to find Ginny," she stuttered before leaving.

I decided to stroll around the school while thinking about what should I do with this silly feeling of mine. Some people gathered under the tree, so I walked there to see what was happening.

"Professor Moody! What are you doing?" I heard McGonagall asked.

"Teaching," Moody replied casually.

I walked closer to find Moody playing with a ferret. What's so special about a ferret?

"Is that a student?" McGonagall asked again and some people gasped instantly, including me.

"Technically, it's a ferret," Moody answered.

He hovered the ferret with his wand and then slipped it into Greg's trousers. Wait if Greg and Vincent were there, don't tell me that the ferret was Draco. The ferret managed to get out of Greg's trouser and McGonagall quickly turned it back to its normal form which was Draco. He looked at me for a second before glaring at Moody.

"My father will hear about this!" He yelled before running away. Moody tried to chase him but McGonagall stopped him.

"How are you a teacher?" I hissed before going after Draco.

He was a fast runner, really. It hadn't been 1 minute and he was not in my sight anymore. Where would he be?

Draco POV

She saw me. She saw me as a ferret. She saw me got into Goyle's trousers. How would I face her now? I was supposed to be the cool and sweet Draco in her eyes. That damn Moody ruined my image. I would make sure that Moody got fired for humiliating me in front of Y/N.

I went to the astronomy tower to calm myself down. My relationship with Y/N was on the edge of a cliff, not as in the best friends relationship. We didn't get to spend much time together like the years before. She was constantly avoiding me and hanging around that sick mudblood Granger.

Ever since she saw Diggory in the great hall, everything changed. She said it was a girl problem but it didn't seem like one. I was afraid she had a crush on Diggory. Did she like older guys?

"Ah, finally found you," someone sighed. I turned around and saw her small figure walking up closer to me.

"A ferret version of you doesn't look bad," she chuckled. It had been a while since I last heard her chuckles around me.