46| The Richards Manor

Y/N POV

The school granted me a 2-week leave to plan for my parents' funeral. Draco insisted to come with me for the whole 2 weeks but I stopped him. In the end, he got me to let him accompany me for the last week of my leave. Everyone at school knew about my parents' death. They give me the pity stares. I didn't want their pity, who did they think they were to pity me? Anyway, Umbridge stopped my detention temporarily to show her fake sympathy. How I wished her dismissal letter arrived sooner before my parents got murdered.

"I'm so sorry about your parents Y/N," Hermione said, giving me a friendly hug.

"Sorry we can't go to the funeral, but my parents will be there. They'll be more than happy to stay with you for a while Y/N," Ron smiled. He was probably the sweetest guy after Draco, to me.

"Thank you but I'll be fine, really."

"I know how it feels Y/N, you can always talk to me," Harry consoled. I saw his gesture that wanted to hug me but Draco was here with me, glaring at him. I just smiled at Harry as a reply.

Vincent, Greg and Blaise were also there to send me off. Too extra, to be honest. It wasn't like I was going forever...or was I?

"I'm gonna miss you," Draco said before pressing his lips on mine for a goodbye kiss.

"You'll see me in a week, Draco."

I bid goodbye to everyone and got on the empty train by myself. Felt like the train was a private one made for me, not even the sweets lady was here. I had the whole train for me and that would be good to ease my mind a bit.

I couldn't really have a peaceful year, could I? Every time I went back to Hogwarts, things happened and it got worse each year. Maybe if I went to Ilvermorny this year, my parents would still be alive. Maybe if I didn't ask them to request dismissal for Umbridge, none of this would happen.

Dumbledore told me that You-Know-Who and his followers, the Death Eaters, were the biggest suspects behind my parents' death. He told me to keep it by myself for now cause this statement could get me killed in a matter of second as the ministry still thought it was all fake news. Most people didn't believe that You-Know-Who was coming back, all thanks to Daily Prophet.

•••

A week passed faster than I thought. I spent the week reading and signing some legal documents that had to be done before the funeral. I would have some people come to inform me about my parents' last will tomorrow. My cousins' family came to stay with me in the manor since day 3. Not that I was ungrateful or anything, I still disliked my cousins. Their presence here was nothing but rubbish.

Lucky for me, Draco was coming to stay with me for the last week of my leave here. The funeral was planned to be held on Saturday and I was going back to Hogwarts the next day. Frankly, I didn't feel like going.

"Oh my God! Y/N! The blond guy is really here!" Aria yelled excitedly. How could she be that excited in this very situation?

I walked to the lobby in hurry to see him. The only person that would make everything felt better even when the world was in chaos. I had missed him all week. Pretty sure I would hug him right away if only Aria wasn't there checking him out even though she knew her cousin was dating him. She just gave me another reason to dislike her even more.

"Y/N," he called. His warmest smile formed as soon as he saw me coming closer.

He walked away from Aria and hugged me immediately. The moment he wrapped his arms around me, I knew I was home and safe. This manor wasn't my home anymore, he was. He always had been.