85| Dinner Party

Y/N POV

I was walking back with Hermione from Slughorn office after telling him that I was going to come to the dinner party. Our encounter wasn't originally planned, I told Draco that I was out to meet her but I didn't think we would meet at Slughorn's office. However, I was glad to find that she got invited to the Slug Club too. Well, Harry was also invited which kind of made me hesitate to join again. I talked about the club with Draco yesterday and he said it was all up to me if it made me happy then be it. He might want to take those words back now that Harry turned out to be a member too.

Students scampered about in the hallway, filling the room with random chatters as their legs led them somewhere they intended to go. Hermione and I were talking about the dinner party, what to wear, how many people would be there, what kind of party it would be – basically, anything random about the so-called exclusive welcome party for the club members.

And then my eyes were cursed.

Hermione stopped her walk as soon as we caught a very disturbing scene right in front of our eyes. Some fourth-year couple were snogging so sensual in the corridor near the courtyard. I was okay to watch people snogging, I meant me and Draco were always snogging all the time, although we preferred to do it in a more private space rather than a crowded school corridor. However, this one was way different than just a snog. The guy was clearly hinting about shagging with the girl.

"Uh oh, he's getting on her bum," I whispered.

"Honestly, kids these days are getting more mature than us," Hermione groaned lightly.

"Us? I think it's only you. You would never imagine what I have done with Draco," I chuckled.

"You're kidding," she uttered in disbelief.

I looked straight at her with my serious look so she knew I wasn't telling lies. "No. But sure, Draco and I didn't even use tongue until his 15 birthday. Those two are unashamedly bold."

"What? Okay stop," she groaned again.

"Better find yourself a boyfriend too, Hermione," I giggled which she replied with a sigh.

We parted ways as we were going to our own house. This morning, I got weird stares from my housemates, didn't know why and didn't care much. I had gotten used to getting unnecessary stares since the break-up. I thought people would stop that acts once Draco and I got back together but they didn't. So it wasn't a big deal for me now.

I spotted Draco sitting on the couch, talking with Blaise with an annoyed look. What could it be to make him so pissed?

"Ugh, you guys won't believe what I just witnessed," I gushed as I walked to the empty seat beside Draco but he stopped me and pulled me to sit on his lap instead.

"What's it?" He asked, not so interested.

On the other hand, Blaise's eyes were glittering with curiosity. Well, he was my partner in crime for gossiping along with Theo. I asked them where Theo was because I didn't want to tell the same thing twice later. Blaise said he was having a date with some random girl I didn't give a damn who. Well, Blaise could always tell him about it later so I told them everything about the fourth-year couple in the hallway and their not-so-polite groping action.

"I mean, why can't they do it somewhere more private? If I were that girl, I would have no idea how to face people anymore. Humiliated for sure," I ranted.

"And for Merlin's sake, some people said it wasn't the first time they're doing it in public. My first assumption is one of them must be an exhibitionist," I continued. "Lord, how uncivilised. I'd just die of embarrassment."