Chapter Twenty

Upon my begging and pleading, Seren and I split the fee to get in

Upon my begging and pleading, Seren and I split the fee to get in. Our highlighter yellow wristbands are for three hours of unlimited playtime. All courses will be open to us. I'd hope so for thirty bucks.

"Are you ready to go down, Sutton? I hate to break it to you, but I'm a queen at mini golf." Seren walks ahead of me, swaying her hips without even trying to do so. She's not only a queen of mini golf, but just a queen altogether.

We come up to a course called Poseidon's Sea. Blue is the primary color representing the ocean, I guess. Outside, we grab clubs and a ball, then carry on. A giant merman with a crown sits at the center of the course, his mouth unhinged. If I squint well enough, I can just make out a hole where I guess the ball comes out of.

"Take your shot, baby," Seren says, smiling and motioning to the contraption. "Loosen up and square your shoulders."

A delighted laugh leaves me as I step up and set the ball down in the starter groove. This first shot is fairly easy being right before us. Softly, I hit it and watch as it teeter-totters against the edge of the hole before falling in. Stopping myself from cheering, I turn to Seren with a grin. Considering this is my first time playing mini golf, I'm doing great!

"Not bad, hotshot," she commends, nodding as she steps up. I don't like this nickname as much as the last, but it'll do for the time being.

Seren makes the same motions as I do, effectively getting the ball into the hole. And that's how we spend our three hours. She didn't lie when she said she's a queen at mini golf. While I had multiple screw-ups, Seren made perfect passes almost every time.

Though I think Seren may be the cause for my failures. Her presence is just too distracting and for almost the whole time, she was mumbling innuendos.

Swing your wood.

Shafts tend to be really flexible... or hard.

Grip it and rip it, pretty boy!

A lot of them were lost on me, but I started to get the hang of it with each look she passed me. It's easy to tell when she licks her lips and bites her bottom one. I can only describe the look in her eyes as desire. At least, that's the emotion I feel each time. And I've never desired someone so much before... maybe even at all.

"You cheated." I sigh, shaking my head as we blend with people to exit. "Every time and you knew how it would distract me."

"Did I though?" Seren smirks, cutting her eyes over to me. "Maybe you just need a bit of practice. Or to get your head out of the gutter, Sutton. I only made comments relating to golf. What you thought after is all on you, baby."

The two of us laugh and it feels good to do so with someone who makes me happy. Getting to the car, Seren unlocks it and we both take our seats. It starts up and pop is the first genre to flow through the radio. The woman next to me shakes her head before changing it until R&B starts playing.