Chapter Forty

*Mature content*

*Mature content*

A vow is a lifelong commitment of how one will act. So many people take these earnest and sworn words for granted or lie about them; even in front of a priest. They swear to always love and cherish... until they no longer do. But when these promises are kept true, they're strong and they hold tight.

But listening to Chandler and Sienna's words, seeing their cries, I know they mean their words. The two of them hold hands and stare into each other's eyes. There's so much love and passion that I'm not sure how they can keep from sealing their marriage.

He vows to love her and their children for as long as he'll live. She vows to hold him to it, causing laughter to fill the space. He vows to protect her and Sienna does the same. The two of them share how they came together, how they loved, and how they'll continue to love. Sniffles and wet faces are a result of their words.

The grip on my arm tightens as Seren hugs herself closer. It's a rooftop wedding and the wind blows firm and unjust around us, though no one seems to care. It's a beautiful affair and I don't think anyone would protest the location.

Then they're finally able to exchange rings and kiss. Cheers sound around us along with clapping and stomping. The married couple walk down the aisle where a white rug lays, grabbing their son on the way.

"That was actually kind of beautiful," Seren whispers to me as we stand with everyone else. She wraps her arms around my waist and I envelope her before deciding giving her my suit jacket is better. "I might just propose one of these days, Sutton. Don't get surprised to find me on one knee."

I know she's teasing, but I can't help the butterflies I feel in my stomach. Smiling down at this beautiful woman, I kiss her cheeks before we're ushered out. It's time for the reception where everyone will party and get drunk.

The wedding party goes first, as it should be, then the guests follow.

"Jesus, they didn't even have that many people and there's still a lot of traffic," Seren says from her place behind the wheel. She shifts and pulls at her silk dress. The lavender fabric is doing something strange to me, but also very appreciative. "I'm ready to taste rich people's champagne."

A boisterous laugh leaves me as I look at her with wide eyes. "Seren... you and I both know you can afford rich people champagne."

"Okay, let me rephrase." She glances at me with a grin. "I'm ready to taste rich people's champagne that I didn't buy. It'll taste much better that way."

With a shake of my head, I let us fall into silence. Our hands fiddle with each other as we listen to the soft music that plays through the radio. Everything around us feels like a dream. So many things have happened in the past year; good and bad.

All I can do is be happy that we've come this far.

***

"The Hustle" blares through the speakers. People do the dance in a stumbling fashion from the alcohol in their system. Seren herself is out there and she throws her head back whenever someone bumps into her. The blonde locks swish against the top of her ass after growing out for the past year. Her hourglass figure looks scrumptious in her dress and she's easily one of the most beautiful women in this room.