Chapter Thirty

Soft caresses wake me up the next morning

Soft caresses wake me up the next morning. A finger rubs over my cheek, smoothening the skin. Her hands emit warmth and comfort, even if I don't need it right now. It's still nice. Prying my eyes open, I give a small smile to my lover who rests over me. Her aura is unfazed as she taps a finger down my face. The smile on her face reflects nothing but happiness and it rubs off on me.

I lean up and press a kiss to her lips. I have morning breath, but I don't care when I'm with Seren. She doesn't, so why should I?

"Your mom is making breakfast before she leaves for work. I was told to come and wake you up."

My eyebrows raise in surprise and I look at my nightstand where an old alarm clock sits. It's late morning, eleven. With a stretch, I lift up, and hug her to me all the while. For a moment, we just sit in the silence of the late morning.

"Last night was amazing," I whisper, not wanting to break the silence, but still needing to let her know.

"I think that was the best orgasm I've ever had." Seren grins. "By the way, your mom totally knows, and we had a talk about making sure to keep safe."

"What?" I shoot up and look at her head on, my eyes wide and my mouth open. "What do you mean? Oh gosh, that's so embarrassing, Seren. Why did you talk to her about that?"

A twinkling laugh leaves her. One where her head is thrown back and her mouth is wide open. "Calm down, baby. She was actually thrilled that we did that in her home... in a surprising and freaky way."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, she confided in me. All she really said was that she's happy you found someone you're comfortable with. Someone who you're happy to be so open with... open enough to have sex with both your brother and mom in the house." She laughs once again. When she looks back at me, Seren gives me the most dazzling smile. "In other words, she's not mad. And don't worry, she won't embarrass you."

Frannie Anstein and Seren Belmonte. It seems the two have become fast friends. My mom has always been a woman who's easy to get along with. Despite how people have treated her, I've never seen her lash out. Instead, it's all about high roads with her and overcoming adversity. Seren is much like her. She doesn't give people the chance to see her lose control. Both of them are better than that.

Taking a deep breath, I nod my head and give her a smile. This is going better than I could've imagined. I'm elated that the only two women in my life are getting along. Things will be easy now when we meet for weekends, holidays, things like that.

"Alright, let's go eat some breakfast," I say, sighing. "After I brush my teeth, I'll meet you down there."

It doesn't take me long to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I'm coming down the stairs, there's joyful laughter filling the space. Mom hasn't left yet. Seren sits next to her on the couch, and even Dustin is up and shoveling food in his face. My heart swells at the sight. My girlfriend fits right in.