Chapter 13

It has been 4 days to the party. The celebration was a blast indeed, it has brought Shehnaaz more closer to the family, there was development in Sidharth's and Shehnaaz's friendship too. The trust was increased and awkwardness was decreasing. Sidharth fell some kind of magnetic pull towards her which he couldn't reason out. The way she was with his family especially Ronak made him feel an unknowing feeling towards. He had thought to himself that he will be always there for her whenever she will need him.

It was Sidharth's cousin sister's wedding in 2 days, all family members were invited, everyone except Sidharth was going to the wedding. Sidharth was not able to attend the wedding as he had an important client meeting planned which he cannot postpone.

Two days were going to be difficult for Sidharth as he was going to leave alone without Ronak. It was not the first time, he had gone to business trips many times but without him in the house with his memories was going to be difficult.

Ronak before going had meet Shehnaaz and same was her situation like Sidharth. She must have told him a hundred times to come soon, to take care of himself and to call her. She had come down at parking to see him off. She could see Sidharth's eyes, he may have not spoken much as her but his eyes conveyed a lot.

After Ronak had gone Shehnaaz came near Sidharth kept her hand on his shoulder and said.."It's just two days Sidharth, don't be sad."

"It's freaking 48 hours Shehnaaz without my baby,"exclaimed Sidharth.

"Don't worry, we have the technology, yad aaye to video call kar lena," said Shehnaaz trying to cheer him up.

Sidharth just nodded and went ahead for his work. Shehnaaz came to her flat got ready and went to school. It has now almost been a month Shehnaaz joined the School. Her orientation and training were completed and now her normal work had started. She uses to have 4-5 lectures per day and remaining went in preparation and making notes making her unaware of how her time passed.

Today was nothing Different she had a tight schedule and was exhausted, she reached home by 7:30 due to traffic and she also had to do grocery shopping making her wearier. She returned home, quickly freshened up and made herself a tea as her daily ritual. Today she needed it more to recharge herself to get up and cook for herself. She sipped her tea thinking of what to cook. It also made her realise that when she was with her parents how she uses to get everything unasked and that too on time. She brushed away her thought and decided to make herself white pasta with garlic bread her another favourite, another reason for making this today was she was exhausted preparing an elaborated dinner. She thought of making it a bit extra and store it in the refrigerator for her midnight cravings.

Sidharth had returned home by 8 pm, he intentionally delayed his time of reaching home so that he doesn't have to be alone. He tried calling his friend for a company tonight but he seemed to busy. He reached home, freshened up and lied on his bed with his mobile in hand to distract himself. He thought of doing a video call to Ronak as he was missing him terribly, he dailed Neel's number and asked him to give the phone to Ronak and he shall do the Video call. Neel informed him that Ronak was playing around with his newfound friend's and was enjoying at it was Sangeet Night today. 

Sidharth was disappointed but was happy for as Ronak usually didn't much mingle with people and he was having a great time made him smile. Sidharth had asked Priya today to not cook for him and gave her an off and thought of ordering food for himself. He was never a Web series person but today he needed something to binge-watch to kill his time. He went towards the living Room switched on the TV and was surfing through trying to decide what to watch.

Shehnaaz was done with the initial preparation for the pasta and garlic bread. She had her music on and was busy cooking.

Today the atmosphere didn't seem to be pleasing and anyone who could look above could predict that today it was going to rain mercilessly. It was lightning at regular interval and sometimes it made huge sound-making Shehnaaz frighten. 

Shehnaaz was a person who enjoyed rain but when it use to turn to thunder and lightning she used to not like it and today she was alone. Every time she listened to the thunder she uses to tremble at her place. In order to distract her mind today, she had put on the music to the top of the volume, it didn't help her much but at least gave her some comfort.

But, today it seems like things were going to be a bit tough for Shehnaaz, as she was almost on the verge of finishing her pasta the lights went off. And that was it, panic mode of Shehnaaz had activated. As the thundering and lighting increased the lights were cut off as a precautionary measure. Shehnaaz did not understand what to do, she had to stop the music as she did not have much charging on her phone and when would electricity be normal was unknown. To her worse, she didn't have a single candle in the house. She cursed herself for being so irresponsible which was now causing her a lot. She switched on the flashlight of mobile and switched off the gas before she could burn anything and went towards the balcony.

Sidharth had just decided which show to watch and the lights went off, it seemed like his loneliness had no solution today. he put aside the remote in disappointment and went towards the balcony. He regretted not ordering food earlier as now the way it was raining it didn't seem he may be getting food anytime soon.

It was raining cats and dogs today, it seemed like the sky was angry and roaring high, the thundering sound did make him tremble as he was busy in his thought, it brought him back to the world.

He looked at Shehnaaz's balcony thinking what she must be doing, but to his surprise, she was also standing at the balcony but she didn't seem like the usual Shehnaaz, She looked scared. With every thundering sound, she used to tremble at her place. Sidharth wandered if she is scared then why is she waiting in the balcony.

Sidharth thought of calling her and dailed her number.

Shehnaaz didn't expect Sidharth's call, She picked up the call managing to sound all ok and said.."Hello, Sidharth."

"Kya kar rahi hai Shehnaaz?" asked Sidharth.

"Kuch nahi yar, light bhi nahi hai, just standing in balcony," replied Shehnaaz. 

"Achaa, tujhe darr to nahi lagh raha,"asked Sidharth trying hard not to laugh.

"Nahi, mujhe kyu dar laghega I am fine," said Shehnaaz trying her best to act brave.

While they were speaking there was a huge thundering which shocks Shehnaaz to her core and she absentmindedly shouted....."AAAAAAA

"Lagh to nahi raha," said Sidharth laughing.

"Chup kar Sidharth, woh jor se awaj ayyi, so I got scared otherwise I am fine," said Shehnaaz trying to covnince herself more than Sidharth.

"Achaa, to thik hai to phir rehne de,"said Sidharth teasingly.

"Kya rehne de," asked Shehnaaz curiously.

"Mai, soch raha tha mai aa jata hou tujhe company dene, tu akheli hogi, but you seem to be fine, thik hai chal you take care rakta hou,"said Sidharth annoying Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz thought for a second and said...."Are Sidharth aa ja na, tu bhi to akela bore ho jayega, mai tujhe company de dungi."

Sidharth laughed at her antics and decided to annoy her more..." Mujhe nahi chahiye company, maine tere liye pucha tha...bye."

"Sidharth please na yar...tang mat kar, achaa chal aa ja na...mere liye aa ja...thik hai?? Tujhe pasta bhi khila dungi aaja,"said Shehnaaz Pleading.

"Achha, chal roh mat... aa raha hou," said Sidharth.

"Sidharth aate waqt candles leke aa, I don't have any at home," requested Shehnaaz.

Sidharth took candles and got ready to go to Shehnaaz's house.

How did you find this cute banter between Sidnaaz?

How will be their first official meet alone?

Stay tuned..

Companion...❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें