Chapter 20

Sidharth turned back and the sight which he saw made him go numb. He saw his Naaz all scared, frightened, with messed up hair and barefoot. Her eyes were red with continuous crying, she looked tired as if she ran for a long time. The bubbly always full of life Shehnaaz seemed to be some another person for him, he had never seen her so weak and vulnerable.

"Sorry...I am sorry, " said Shehnaaz as she thought she had bounced someone by mistake, not looking up to him and trying to run to save her life.

Sidharth held her hand and brought her back to place.

"Please leave me Harsh, " was only she managed to speak frightening.

Her condition made Sidharth heart wrench, Shehnaaz had closed her eyes in anticipation. Sidharth put his palms around her both cheeks and said.."Naaz, look up, " in a trembling voice.

The moment she heard the word Naaz she thought she is hallucinating, she was feeling weak in her knees as if any moment she could collapse. But the word Naaz felt like it gave her some sort of strength.

"Naaz, " Sidharth whispered again.

Shehnaaz opened her eyes, her vision was blur because of the tears formed in her eyes. She saw a blurry image of Sidharth, it felt like she found her strength back. That was it, she couldn't hold it anymore and left a loud cry saying.."Sidharthhhhh." She clenched his Shirt with one hand and cried herself out. Sidharth didn't know what to do he just hugged her tight making her bang on his chest, she held on to him as if her life depended on him and kept on crying while Sidharth held her as if he would never let her go.

"Naaz, what happened baby? Please don't cry, " said Sidharth not knowing what to do.

Shehnaaz didn't say a word but kept on crying, Sidharth waited for a while for her to calm down.

"Lookup Naaz please, " said Sidharth.

"Woh Harsh.., " she could just manage to say two words and again broke down.

Sidharth held her by her arms which made her wince in pain. Sidharth didn't understand why it caused her pain as he didn't apply much pressure while he held her. He moved aside her hair which flowed down from her shoulder and saw the finger marks on her arm.

"Did he hurt your Naaz?" asked Sidharth trying to control his anger.

Shehnaaz just kept looking down ashamed for her decision to meet Harsh.

"Answer me, baby.., " said Sidharth bringing her chin up and making her look into his eyes as if assuring her.

"Sidharth...he...he....he tried to force himself on me, " said Shehnaaz again breaking down in his arms.

The moment he heard those words he felt his blood rushing, he just wanted to kill him who made his Naaz cry but at this moment calming her down was his priority.

Shehnaaz broke the hug and looked into his eyes, Sidharth brought his fingers near her cheeks and cleansed her tears and said..." it's ok baby... you're my strong girl...right Naaz, " said Sidharth trying to pacify her.

Shehnaaz when she heard those words it felt like it touched her soul, "My girl" this words kind of resonated in her mind. No one other than her family addressed her like that, and he didn't just say it to pacify her, Sidharth's actions proved he meant every word he said.

Shehnaaz encircled her arms around his neck raising her toes trying to reach his neck and hugged him, Sidharth smiled at her action and hugged her back a bit tighter this time as if trying to share the pain with her.

Companion...❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें