Chapter 10

Micaì

It's currently July and the 4th of July is coming quick well today is the second of July so the 4th of July is in  two days and its my first 4th of July.

Dad said my grandparents will be here and they are coming to meet me so they should be here tomorrow.

I met my uncle yesterday my dad has one living brother the other two were gunned down and I have four aunts my dad is the 7th kid out of eight kids.

He told me this yesterday so I learnt a lot about my dad on my mom side she is  the 9th child out of 13 kids so I have more aunts and  uncles on my mom side plus my granddad had 3 other kids so yeah.

Today my dad and I were going for decorations and food for the family get together plus my Godparents and my Godsiblings will be there.

And plus dad was getting fireworks for later on that night then he wants to celebrate the Bahamian independence.

" Micaì baby girl  I see your bed is made up but are you getting ready " said dad.

" I'm in the tub daddy I will be ready soon and did mom send you any recipes for any Bahamian delight " I said as I got out the tub the door was closed.

" Yes she did Inask her and she did she said you love macaroni and barbecue chicken and she said you love guava duff" said dad.

" Yes I do and hopefully you can cook it and it taste just as good as mommy's own  " I said as I got ready in the bathroom.

Her outfit minus the nails and the hoops she is wearing diamond studs in her ear

I came out the bathroom I was fully dressed thats why sad stayed in my room and plus he gone make me fix my bed.

"  You know what you have to do right " said dad.

" Fix my bed daddy " I said as I made it up and placed the blankrt on the bed neatly and I was done.

So we went downstairs dad gave me my breakfast then we left to go  get the decorations and other stuff.

"  So on independence in The Bahamas how do yall celebrate " said dad.

" Ok so we have a week of activities leading to independence so we do the pride day then every year the Royal Bahamas Police Force and Defense Force bands get together and play some Bahamian music and then on the eve of independence we have an ecumenical and cultural service where the Law enforcement marches at the end and shows off the cars and dogs and fireworks at the end " I said.

"  Wow so yall go all out for independence so have you been to the beat retreat or the ecumenical service " said dad.

" Yes I did and also last year I had to march in school uniform I also met the Governor General because I was nominated Bahamas Primary School Student of the year for my school I came in sevond place and my mom told them I would not be in the Bahamas for Junior High plus I was pinned and mom started screaming that's my baby she recorded it to send to someone " I said.