Chapter 12

Micaì

Today is the last week of summer and plus today mom is helping me take my braids out and she is going to wash my hair.

" Oh baby girl your up so are you taking those braids out " said dad.

" Yes daddy its time for them to come out plus mom is going to wash my hair and treat it and clip my split ends do you want to help me loose them out " I said.

" I will just watch you take them out with your mom so before you do that Inwould suggest you bathe and  but a swimsuit on so you don't get your clothes wet " said dad.

" Ok and can you make me some pancakes please daddy with bacon and eggs " I said.

" Sure baby girl anything for my Caribbean baby " said dad as he went downstairs.

I took a quick shower and bathed then I changed into a swimsuit like dad said and he was right it makes sense.

Her swimsuit she is wearing black Nike shorts with this swimsuit.

I walked downstairs and dad was finished cooking breakfast so he took my plate up and placed it in front of me.

I started eating my breakfast which was great as usual since I have been here I've gotten use to my dad cooking and it's so good he isn't a chef by profession but he know how to throw down in the kitchen.

" Micaì come lets take these braids out and maybe your big head daddy will wash your hair " said mom.

" My head aint big and yes I will wash her hair babe " said dad.

I followed mom to my room with dad behind me so daddy took my satin cap off and placed it on my vanity.

So mom started loosing out my braids and yall my hair is thick and curly like my sister has a different texture from me.

" Micah you see your child hair look at how thick her hair actually is and it curly " said mom.

" I see she been hiding it under them braids babe she ain't wearing no more extensions " said dad.

" Really daddy really but it's my hair though " I said.

" And your point is also your my daughter  so I said you ain't wearing no more of that extensions you will do what I say" said dad.

" Anyhow I'm going to just loose these braids out so it can be quick " I said.

So my braids were finally out and so dad washed my hair then  he conditioned it after that mom  detangle it with some leave in conditioner.

Yall my hair was to my back she twisted my hair and clipped the ends so my hair was nice and clean and it smelled good.

" Daddy my hair smells good and I love my hair " I said.

" I know and your hair is very beautiful I know your mom will help you fix your hair and teach you" said dad.

" I know and she showed me some tutorials on how to fix my curly hair so I'm going to try a style for Sunday" I said.

" Ok baby girl and did you pack your school bag because school starts next week " said dad.

" No sir I will do that and I know go to bed by eight starting Sunday " I said as I sat  down by him in the tv room.

" Ok good and see once you go to bed early you will be up on time " said dad.

" Daddy I know that you will pop in my room and say Micaì get up and go get ready for school " I said.

" Your right and if your not up by the time I come back in your room I will pinch you or hit you on your thigh ok " said dad.

" Yes sir and about the lunch at school I'm i getting lunch money mom use to give me five dollars every day " I said.

" You will get lunch money every day and you will have a healthy breakfast every day and those school skirt better be below your knees " said dad.

"  Yes daddy my skirts are below my knees and ok " I said.

" And don't be afraid to ask me questions you see how you were able to ask me those questions you can do that all the time and when you were coming to live with me why was you scared" said dad.

" Yes sir  and I  was scared because I wasn't use to you like how your my dad I am use to being near my mom but I guess I not afraid anymore " I said.

" Ok but there is no need to be afraid of me I'm here to protect you and to raise you and be a father to you " said dad.

" Ok daddy thank you so much and is it possible that I can have red velvet cake for my birthday " I said.

" Sure baby girl anything for my Bahamian baby so what gift do you want  for your birthday " said dad.

" Well maybe a watch some phone cases iPad some earrings and a necklace " I said.

" I will surprise you baby girl when your birthday comes" said dad.

" Ok daddy " I said as we continued to bond with each other.

" But isn't your birthday before mines so what do you want for your birthday " I said.

" Well to celebrate it with my wife and kids so yeah that's what I want to do " said dad.

I went upstairs to my room and I started packing my bag  for school so I fixed my binder and had it separated with the dividers I placed that in my bag along with 4 notebooks and my pencil case and four folders.

Monday I would get my schedule for my classes and then I will multitask and pack my bag every night.

Once my bag was packed I put it on my desk chair and I went and grabbed my uniform for Monday well dad told me to bring it so he can iron it for Monday.

Well  I brought  five shirts and skirts for him to iron so I grabbed the school outfits and went to the laundry room.

My dad ended up ironing my uniforms and he had me hang them up so it can stay pressed for the week.

Then I went in my room and relaxed until dinner time.

***

Dinner

" Woah sis what happened to your braids " said Mj.

" I took the braids out and mom twisted my natural hair bro " I said.

" Your hair is very curly and thick like my hair " said Marie.

" I know and yeah your hair is really thick as well " I said.

" Thanks and wasn't your eye dark brown they are lighter now " said Marie.

" Well my eyes are hazel so like it looks like my eyes are dark brown but they are hazel"I said.

" You got it from your mom's side of the family like your Aunty has hazel eyes but me and your mom has dark Brown eyes " said dad.

" I know cause I was trying to figure out why I have hazel eyes when you and mom have dark brown eyes like now I know " I said.

We continued eating then dad had me wash the dishes after dinner so I did that then I went upstairs to get ready for bed.

******

Its the last week of summer

School about to open for Micaì them

Comment and vote

Enjoy

RayeSimone