Chapter 5

I busy myself away from the action of what is a Billie Eilish production. I can't stop thinking about her eyes and those lips. Man, those lips. It's girls like her that makes me question if I'm really bisexual. I know it's just a label and it's not supposed to denote who I am as a person but it's important to me to be true to myself. I've always been treated differently for being bisexual. Girls think I'm flirting when I'm trying to talk to them and guys want to see me hook up with a girl or have a threesome. In all honesty, I've never been with a girl, only guys. Guys have never fully satisfied me and I'm too worried what girls will think of me. But now that I'm thinking about it, Billie didn't make me scared because she's famous or conscious that she was girl. She made me nervous because she was flirting with me. Me? Of all people...

——

"BITCH! You have got to tell me everything! NOW!" Harry bursts through the door and greets me on the stairs outside the arena. I laugh at his enthusiasm but tell him everything as he sits down next to me in his usual flourish. I'm so glad I have a gay best friend to tell all my stories to.

"Well, you're lucky that they've gone or that could have been hella awkward!" He tells me. "Man, I don't even know what I'm doing" I sigh "Why am I even thinking this way? She's touring Australia... no, the world! Like, this is never going to be a thing. Plus, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to girls." I put my face into my hands. "Pineapple" Harry says and I lift my head to look at him. Pineapple. It's a word we use to call each other out. As soon as either of us says that word, we have to stop whatever thoughts are running through our heads and remember that we're queens. I sigh again and say "Alright but I still don't know what I'm doing" he looks at me and says "I don't know how to be with a girl, whatever you have below the belt freaks me out but what have you got to lose?" He puts an arm around me and continues "She could be your ticket into lesbian land" I laugh. "Nah, I would never use anyone for that reason, especially not Billie fucking Eilish. Now she's a damn queen" he stands up, pretends to put on a crown and waves like a royal.