Chapter 36

"Alright, we're heading home now. Thanks Ma" Billie announces to the table. Maggie gets up quickly and heads to the kitchen as the rest of the family rises. I've had a great night. Her family are so easy to talk to. It makes my worrying earlier seem silly given how relaxed they are. We start saying our goodbyes and Maggie runs over to me handing me a bag filled with containers of food. "Here, leftovers" she says handing the bag to me. "Aww Maggie, you didn't have to do that. Thank you so much and thank you for tonight. I really enjoyed meeting you all" I say to her. She hugs me. "Don't be a stranger now" she says with conviction.

Heading home, Billie is in a good mood. The rain starts pouring as soon as we get back to the house. She gets out of the car and her clothes are instantly soaked. She comes around to my side of the car and tries to make an umbrella out of her jacket for me. I laugh at her attempts. I step out of the car and close the door. I turn to kiss her and she lets her jacket down to hold me. We kiss and the rain pelts our faces. She smiles against my mouth. I love seeing her happy. She grabs my hand and we run inside. Once we get inside, we can't keep our hands off each other. I drop the food bag and my handbag to the floor as she peels my wet jacket off me. I help her take her jacket off and she starts kissing my neck. "I need to put the food in the fridge" I say between kisses. She groans and takes a step back from me. I grab the bag and run to the kitchen. I've just finished putting the containers in the fridge when Billie comes up behind me. She sweeps my hair to the left and unzips my dress. She kisses my exposed back and undoes my bra. I turn around and let the dress fall to my hips and my bra to the floor. I kiss her mouth as I pull her t-shirt off her. I slip my thumbs into her pants and pull them down. She moans and holds my face in her hands to kiss me deeply. She walks me backwards to the countertop still kissing me. She moves her hands to pull down my dress and my panties come with it. She grabs the back of my thighs and lifts me onto the counter. She slips a finger inside me while she kisses my nipples. I cum into her hand. I slip off the counter and drag her to the floor. I move between her legs and pleasure her with my tongue and fingers until she explodes. I lie on top of her, feeling her heart beat fast and her breath raspy. Between breaths she says "We just christened the kitchen" and we laugh.

——

I wake up to a buzzing. It's Billie's phone. Gee, I haven't missed that. She grumbles and grabs her phone. "Fuck" she says softly. I roll over to look at her, bleary eyed. "What is it?" I ask and she shows me her phone screen. It's a photo of us leaving her parents house. She's got her arm around me and she's kissing my cheek. My eyes widen. Oh no. How? I didn't see anyone. I thought we were safe. She gets out of bed and calls Finneas. Without the normal niceties of a phone call, she says "Check TMZ, now!" She starts pacing the room. She looks at me and I can see nothing but worry behind her eyes. She leaves the room. This was the one thing we tried to avoid. Finneas, her parents, and her manager have all come over to discuss the next steps. I sit in the corner and stay silent throughout the whole meeting. She's not angry with me but I know this whole thing is because of me and it makes me feel horrible. I feel angry at myself that I've let this happen to her. They all decide to let it blow over and her manager made her and me promise it won't happen again. When they all leave, Billie heads to her studio room and shuts the door.