Chapter 38

It's release day and I cannot be more nervous. Scooter organised for me to release the song to a small crowd of people. Mostly media and fans of a radio competition. Tony told me not to invite Billie because he wanted the focus to be on me and not on her. She understood completely when I told her but I was devastated. I can't have my number one supporter with me the first time I play live? It's bullshit! Of course she wants to be there as well but she doesn't want to take the focus away from me. She still hasn't come out to the public herself about her sexuality and I haven't mentioned she's my girlfriend to the public either. Not that we have spoken about the issue after TMZ leaked the story but I'm sure we will when we're both comfortable about it. Billie released her video of 'not my responsibility' to her social medias and the reception was incredible. She could not have released it at a better time since TMZ was ridiculed and called homophobic for publicly outing our relationship.

____

I get ready for the show at home and try to spend as much time with Billie as possible. I can't bear to leave her when I feel so nervous. She's the only way I'm staying calm. "Baby, you look incredible" she says admiring me and looking me up and down as I exit the closet. I'm wearing high waisted black pants and a black lacy bustier. My hair is in waves and I've decided on light makeup. "I'm so nervous, Billie" I say looking her in the eyes for some solace. How does she do it? I think I'm too nervous and I'm going to vomit on stage just like Pitch Perfect. She stands up and walks towards me holding my waist. "You're going to crush it! Tony said he will FaceTime with me for the whole show so I can still watch your fine ass" she says biting her lip. She kisses me slowly until my phone rings to kill the mood. "It's Tony, my car's here" I say pouting and the butterflies in my stomach go wild. She laughs and turns me around to face the doorway "Go! I love you" she says pushing me and slapping my ass. "I love you" I say over my shoulder and she blows me kisses in return.

__

Tony is on stage hyping the crowd. It's mostly people from the music industry, a small collection of fans and other important people. I didn't listen when Tony told me all the details because I was too shocked with the news that I will be performing my songs in front of a crowd. I jump around a little to get myself pumped. I can't believe I'm doing this alone. I haven't listened to Tony's speech and I suddenly look up to hear the crowd cheering and Tony looking at me with his arms stretched out. I take a deep breath and walk on stage waving out the crowd as they cheer louder. I walk up to the microphone and introduce myself to the crowd and squint into the bright lights. "This is my first show and I'm so nervous but so incredibly grateful to be here" I say making sure I'm standing up properly. "This first song is being released today" I say and the crowd cheers. I laugh "It's a special one to me and I hope you all like it just as much as I do... This one is called 'problem with you'". The lights dim and I start singing, the crowd immediately goes silent. "Was I cold? Went to hold you, but I wanted to control you. Paranoid. What's wrong with me? Why am I pointing out everything wrong with you?" I sing. A few crowd members whistle and it makes me feel a bit better. I continue singing and relax more with each word. The feeling is exhilarating and despite my nerves, I don't want it to end.

Once I finish my last song 'On My Shoulders', the crowd cheers and I wave to them and blow kisses. I walk off stage feeling the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I look up to see a beaming Billie and Finneas smiling and clapping for me. I immediately bounce into her arms and hug her tightly. She laughs into my hair. When we break away she holds me at arms length and says, "That was incredible, baby!". "You're here!" I say to her and I look towards Finneas "And you're here!" I say to him giving him a hug. "You were amazing out there" he says to me. "I wanna get in on this" Tony says as he stands behind Billie and Finneas. Billie, Finneas and I all look at each other and start laughing. Tony ignores us and hugs me. "That was great, you're great and I'm hearing great feedback" He says to me. "Go and celebrate but come and see me on Monday. OK?" He says to me and I smile and nod. I told Billie to celebrate I just want fast food, some beer and the comfort of home so she organises Taco Bell, Corona's and takes me and Finneas back to her house. Finneas also organises Claudio to meet us there too.

It's such a perfect end to a perfect night and I could definitely get used to this.

THE END

Thanks so much for getting to the end! I hope you enjoyed it :)

I have another Billie series (mini stories)... 'i'm no good for you'... Go check it out!

Pretty please have a read my other completed story... 'the girl on the bench'

ILY <3