Chapter 6

It's 6pm now, the arena is filling up and fans are exploding out of everywhere. I always get nervous before a show but tonight's nerves are mixed with butterflies. I haven't heard anything yet and I'm constantly swept into a new task to help with the show. It's good at keeping me distracted. I work well under pressure.

——

I walk through the hallway to the back of the stage, thankful that it's quiet. I feel fresh air waft through the hallway and hear footsteps coming my way. I can hear a distant feminine laugh. I stop dead in my tracks and turn on my heel. I start walking the opposite way and hear someone call out my name.

"Kristina?" I stop and turn around acting surprised to see them... Billie and Finneas. I should've known that she'd be here soon. "Ah, I'll meet you back in the dressing room, Bil. I've got to, um, fix my... guitar." Billie gives him a confused look and laughs. He looks suspiciously back at her and keeps walking past us. She watches him walk away whilst saying "So... are you the one responsible for my rider?" My stomach drops "Was there something wrong?" I run through what I bought for the O'Connell duo... gluten-free Oreos, tortilla chips, guacamole, vegan ice-cream... Was it not enough? Was some of it not vegan or gluten-free? She laughs at me and I realise I've furrowed my brows. I soften my face at the sound of her laugh. "Aww baby, don't be so concerned" she touches my face. "I loved it all!" She gushes. "You're really self-critical, huh?" She asks "Not intentionally" I say looking at her mouth. Stop it, K! "I used to be like that too until... it's not good for you." I smile briefly at her. "Have you got time to chill with me?" She asks "Finn's off playing with himself and I want to get to know you better." I nod and follow her to her dressing room.