Chapter 20

"Would you be OK with another rest night tonight?" She asks me in the car on the way to the arena. She has such a sweet soul. "Any night spent with you sounds perfect" I say and she scrunches her face up. "You want a night with this?" She says as she pulls a rotten face. She still looks adorable.

——

She finishes another sold out show with her fans screaming for her to play more. She bounces off stage and opens her arms wide for me. "No!" I scream at her. She throws her arms around me. She's an absolute sweaty mess and is making me damp. She's doing it on purpose. I scream and wriggle underneath her. She lets me go and I use her towel to wipe myself first before handing it to her.

——

We decide to grab some dumplings and beer to take back to the hotel. She's already crashing when we get in the car. She needs another long night of sleep. To keep Billie safe, I decide to pick up the food and drinks and leave her in the car with her bodyguards.

When we get back to the hotel, she's perked up a little and is ready for dumplings. I go to get changed into some comfier clothes whilst she chooses something for us to watch. I set the dumplings on the table and open a beer. 'You want one, baby?' I ask. She's fallen asleep in my absence. I move to sit next to her and take the television remote from her hand. She jerks awake. "What's wrong?" She says startled. "Shush shush, it's OK" I say and she calms down. "Why don't you go to bed and I'll meet you in there?" She agrees and stumbles off to the bedroom. I take a few swigs of beer before heading after her. The poor thing, she's so exhausted. Tomorrow we're off on the plane again and she gets to do this all over again. I wish there was more I could do for her. She's asleep by the time I get to her. I tuck her in and kiss her forehead. "I'm sorry" she breathes. "It's OK" I say and stroke her face. She groans and says "thank you". I kiss her cheek and head back into the lounge.