Chapter 32

I wake up not knowing what time it is. This time, Billie is next to me, naked as well. I pull on her hoodie again, put my phone into its pocket and go to grab some water from the fridge. I sit down on the couch and take in the view. The city lights look so pretty from up here. I take out my phone. It's 4:23am. Stupid jetlag. I take a photo of the view. I decide to send an email to my manager, Tony, letting him know I'm in town. I called him a few days ago to let him know I was going to be in LA and he asked me to let his PA know when I was ready so she can organise a meeting with me. I upload the photo of the city lights to Instagram before head back to bed. I take the hoodie off and slip back into bed. Billie stirs and groans. She doesn't like being woken up. "What's the time?" she asks. "Too early. Go back to sleep" I say. "Jetlag?" she asks and I reply with "mmm". She pulls me into her and I become the little spoon. She starts singing softly to me. It's a song a don't recognise. It doesn't take me long to fall back asleep.

——

I wake to hear Billie's distant voice. I can hear a female and male talking to her. "Seriously? Get the fuck out" Billie says and lets out a laugh "Ma! I love you but this this is not a good time. Turn your booty around and head on back out. You too dad!" "But Billie, we haven't seen you since you got home" her mum pleads with her. "Am I not seeing you tonight?" She says incredulously. I can't distinguish what is said next since there's the shuffling of feet. I grab a tshirt from the floor and get up to stand in the door frame. "Bye!" Billie yells as her mum and dad are heading to their car. Billie closes the door behind them and is surprised to see me. "Did I wake you, baby?" She asks me. I shake my head and smile. She giggles and runs towards me. "Hmm. I don't believe you" she says when she's in front of me. She frowns. "Get back to bed little lady" she demands. "But I'm not tired anymore!" I say and pout. She grabs my arm and turns me around slipping her arms around my waist. She leans in close to me and says "Who said you were going to be sleeping?" I giggle and she lifts the tshirt I'm wearing up and taps my bare ass.

——

As we lay in bed, I draw circles around her belly button. "So, your parents were here this morning?" I ask her. "You really want me to talk about my parents after having sex?" She says and sighs. "Yes, they wanted to meet you" she says as she pulls the bed sheet over our heads. "What have you told them?" I ask her trying to draw her attention back to the conversation. She laughs. "I told them that you stole my heart, you only want me for my body, I'm using you for your songs and lyrics, and Finneas hates you" she sits upright and goes into the closet. "Billie!" I yell as she leaves. "Ugh. I haven't told them anything bad. I don't know what my brother has said though" she says not making me feel better. I stay quiet. I get why she doesn't want to talk about it but what she's saying is giving me anxiety. "We're seeing them for dinner tonight so I'll ask them" she says now fully dressed and she walks out the room. I'm fuming. Does she really mean what she said?