Chapter 8

The show was just incredible. She really can work an audience. She's so confident in front of tens of thousands of people. I don't know how she could possibly do it.

Once the show is over and all the fans are ushered out the doors, I begin a long night of resetting the stage for her second show tomorrow night.

"Great show, right?" Rodney beams walking towards me. I nod and smile back. "Can you make sure that the star is alright?" He asks. "Yeah, sure can" I say as I walk towards the backstage area.

——

I get to the dressing room door, take a deep breath and knock. Billie answers the door and smiles big when she sees me. "Hey" She says as she walks into the hallway and closes the door behind her. "Hey... I just wanted to see if you guys needed anything from me?" I ask. "Yeah... you could give me your number?" She replies as she looks me up and down and bites her lip. "I don't mean to be rude and all but I don't want to be a one night stand" I say without looking her in the eye. She laughs "that's bold of you to think I was planning on fucking you tonight" she responds. I look her in the eye with a sheepish grin. "Baby, I'm just messing with you. I've definitely thought about that but it wasn't the real reason I asked for your number. But if you're not into me, that's cool too" she turns around and reaches for the door handle. I cup her arm and she turns around to look at me. "I didn't say no" I say biting my lip. I motion for her to give me her phone. She smiles at my hand, unlocks her phone, opens her contacts and hands it to me.