Chapter 25

She tells me to be ready at 7pm but I'm ready by 6:15pm. I'm so nervous. I haven't seen her all day and she is not revealing much over text and calls. I try to relax and write but it's not making sense. Halsey's music video for her song 'Finally // Beautiful Stranger' was released today and I watch it over and over again. She's made it better than I can ever imagine. I'm in awe.

It gets to 7pm and I still haven't seen Billie. I text her to ask if everything's OK. 2 minutes later, I hear the door open. I stand up to see who it is. It's Billie. She's wearing a matching Burberry beige tartan t-shirt and pants. She looks amazing. When did she have the time to get ready? And where did she get ready? She screams when she sees me. I've paired the dress with three gold necklaces of different lengths and my hair curled and down. "Omg" she's losing her mind. "You look gorgeous!" She screams. I laugh at her being so dramatic. "Where have you been?" I say trying to be stern. "Oh no, I'm in trouble aren't I?" She says "how will I ever make it up to you?" I laugh. "Come on, beautiful" she says as she kisses my lips and grabs my hand to take me out the door. We walk down the hotel hallway when she stops walking and knocks on a door. "What are you doing?"!I say and she ignores me. Finneas answers the door. "Bro, look at this!" she says as she gestures wildly towards me. He laughs. "She's fucking hot, right?" She says so animated whilst I blush. He laughs and nods. "OK bye" she says and takes my hand. I wave at Finneas whose blushing as well.

——

The car stops and it's so dark out that I can't make out where we are. She hands me a blindfold "here, put this on" she says. "Billie! My makeup!" I say. She groans. "Well I can use this later on you then" she says with a cheeky smile. "Close your eyes. And no peeking!" She says with a stern look. I do as instructed and wait. I hear the car door open and close and then feel my door open. Someone, which I assume is Billie, takes my hand in theirs. They help me out of the car and Billie's voice tells me to hold on to their waist. The ground is so uneven but I'm grateful I'm wearing boots with a thick heel. I can hear moving water. I think we're headed to a boat but I can't be sure. Someone touches my hands and Billie tells me to wait. The person I'm holding on to leaves me. I hear some shuffling around. "Open your eyes" Billie says.