Chapter 24

She begs me for a chance to take me out on a date. I give in even though spending a night at the hotel with her is enough to make me happy. She tells me she's planned something that makes her nervous. She's not convinced I will like what she's planned but I tell her not to worry since the first and last date she took me on was perfect. She's also nervous that tonight won't be as good. And she says that I'm in my head too much. Ha!

——

"... you didn't mean to say 'I love you'. I love you" I'm too nervous to sing in front of her and she was busting my balls to sing the song I wrote on the plane that I've called, simply, 'I love you'. I never did finish the second verse or bridge but she didn't really give me a chance to. I sing all that a wrote with the intended tempo, pitch and somewhat of a melody. I recorded quickly it in the bathroom to give me some acoustics when she had stepped out of the room for a phone call. Her eyes close when I play it to her. She's giving off no emotion. The song ends and I wait for her response. "Can you send that to me?" She asks me with her eyes still closed. I do as I'm told. When her phone vibrates from my message she opens her eyes and looks at it. Her eyes have filled with tears. I climb onto her lap and straddle her. "Are you OK?" I ask. "Yeah baby" she says smiling at me. Her tears slowly disappear. "Everything is beautiful. The song, your voice, your face" she says scrunching her face at her last words. I laugh and kiss her.

——

She tells me to dress 'fancy but not as fancy as last time'. I'm not sure if Harry packed me anything to fit the brief she gave me. My mum always taught me that if you're unsure about the dress code, you should always dress up rather than dress down. I found a dress in my bag but I wasn't feeling it. I shrug, it's going to have to do. All I was sure of was my lingerie. Time to break out that Honey Birdette purchase. Billie had a meeting with her manager to go through the next leg of the tour so I decide to get ready whilst she's away. After my shower, I dry my hair briefly and head into the bedroom to find a tshirt to put on whilst I put on some makeup. I stop in my tracks. On the bed is a clothing bag, a shoe box and a note addressed to me. "Billie?" I call out but there's no answer. I text her:

I open the card

I open the card. 3 words. Written in her handwriting:

My eyes well up with tears and I hold the card to my heart

My eyes well up with tears and I hold the card to my heart. I place it on my bedside table. I open the clothing bag to see a short black blazer dress. I check the tag, Gucci. A size 10. Just my size and the price has been removed. I sigh not believing that she did this. I open the shoe box which is Gucci also to see vegan leather ankle boots with a thick heel and gold jewels around the cuff. They are simply amazing. I check the size. An 8. How did she know my shoe size? She's been doing some snooping.

 How did she know my shoe size? She's been doing some snooping