Chapter 14

Billie returns to the bedroom and slips back into bed with me. In her absence I've slipped on a tshirt that I packed in my bag and some clean underwear. I'm sitting upright in bed holding my knees. She nuzzles into my neck and pulls me into a cuddle. I release and melt into her. "I sent the song to Finneas and he's in love with it." She says. "Um what?" I'm shocked. Finneas loves my song? "Is that OK that I sent it to him? Sorry I should have asked first" she says as she sees my expression. "Oh of course, you can have it... It's just, um, was that him on the phone?" I ask knowing it was. "Yeah" she says looking at me. I look away from her not knowing how to bring it up. "Billie, I heard what he said about me" she looks upset "Oh man, I didn't want you to hear that. That's why I got up!" she slaps her face and then takes my hands. She continues "He's an asshole. He was just saying that to get a risk out of me. Please don't take offence to it." "Is that why you gave me the chain?" I say in a whisper. "No!" She straddles my lap and takes my head in her hands. "Listen to me, I like you. I gave you the chain because I wanted to and not to get anything in return. And I don't want you thinking otherwise." She says. "I like you too, Billie". She smiles and kisses me and I pull her body closer into me.

——

"Billie?" "Mmm" she turns from the television to me and props herself on her side with her arm supporting her head. "What's going to happen to us after today? I mean, you're leaving for Sydney and I'm staying here" she frowns. "I don't know, baby. What do you want to happen?" She says. I'm embarrassed. I like her and she said she likes me. I have a real connection with her but there are so many what if's. If I don't see this relationship through then there may be more what if's. Do I take the plunge or do I go on with my life as is? She laughs "I don't know what my future will hold for us but I'd be happy if you stayed in it." She's blushing. She's so cute when she's nervous. I laugh. "That sounds amazing" I say looking her in the eyes. She jumps off the bed and runs around to my side. She kneels on the floor and takes my hand "Will you come tour the rest of Australia with me? You can be my roadie!" I laugh at her and she tackles me sideways on the bed.