Hold On - Donah

why don't we is a thing
Jonah and Daniel were publicly dating
Warnings: sad, mentions of death, car crash
_____________
3rd person,

it's been two months since Jonah passed away.

it was heartbreaking.

they lost their best friend, their brother, their band mate and for Daniel his boyfriend.

the person he loves the most in the world, is gone. forever..

and it broke the boy.

all the boys took a break when the car crash happened. but now their back, and their playing their first show.

it was in Jonah's home town.

ever since the crash the boys haven't been the same.

especially Daniel.

but they also wanted to continue making music, it just wasn't the same.

none of the boys could stop thinking about Jonah during that show. it was so hard to do the show without bursting into tears.

they wanted to sing a song for him.

in memory of him.

they prepared something a week ago. and since this was their first show in awhile they wanted to sing it.

"so, our next song is dedicated to our band mate Jonah." Corbyn whispered into his mic.

"as you know he.. pasted away 2 months ago and we want to sing something in his memory." he continued.

Daniel bit his lip as he fought the tears in his eyes.

Jack put the mic down and looked at Daniel, "are you sure you can do this?"

Daniel looked at him. he stayed silent for a little bit before saying, "I'll try." he gave the younger a fake smile.

the music started playing and they all got ready to sing.

Daniel started,

"loving and fighting. accusing, denying. I can't imagine a world with you gone."

all the boys harmonized on 'world with you gone.'

"the joy and the chaos, the demons were made of. I'd be so lost if you left me alone.. you locked your self in the bathroom. lying on the floor when I break through." Jack sang.

"can you hear me screaming please don't leave me.." Corbyn and Zach harmonized.

Daniel felt tears come to his eyes, he tried to fight them but it was so hard.

"hold on I still want you.. c-come back I still ne-" Daniel felt his breathing get heavy, and his vision get foggy.

Jack looked at him, worried.

Daniel would never stop singing, even if he was sick.

something was wrong and he knew it.

the tears slid down Daniels cheeks as he tried to breath properly.

he looked around and saw everyone looking at him. "I-I can't do this.." he ran off the stage quickly, and headed to the dressing room.

Jack was the first one to chase him, Zach following.

"uh, I'm sorry please hold on." Corbyn said before following the three.

"Daniel!" Zach exclaimed as he ran into the room. the three boys saw Daniel sitting on the couch.

sobbing his eyes out.

they all ran over to the weak boy, Corbyn sat on the couch, beside him.

he started rubbing the youngers back, in an effort to give him some comfort.

Daniel threw his head onto Corbyns shoulder, "he's gone.."

they all stayed silent.

"he's gone! and he's never gonna come back. he left. h-he promised he would never leave me." Daniel stuttered a bit.

"why did he have to leave! why not me?!" Daniel blamed himself for the car crash.

even though he wasn't even there.

but honestly, wouldn't you do the same?

he lost someone so important to him.

someone who loved and cared for him. someone who was always there for him. through thick and thin.

and he's gone. forever.

he's never gonna come back.

but he is watching from above.

and he knows that one day, they can meet again.

one day they can love again.

for now, he was Daniels guardian angel. he will always protect him, like he promised.

right now Daniel doesn't know it yet but Jonah does.
__________
:(

 __________:(

wc: 659