Chapter THIRTY-TWO

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Hey dear, I'm so sorry about this. I got to work today and I found out my boss had been trying to get a hold of me but he wasn't able to reach me. I got to work today and he told me he had already bought the tickets. He said we were going on a business trip to Italy for some transactions and deals. I tried hard to convince him so he could postpone it but to no avail. I'm so sorry. I'll be back in one month. Give me a call when you see this.

I love you,
Mom.

I let out a choking sob as I finished reading the note on the table. Just when I needed someone to talk to, she was gone. I slumped down on the couch and threw my school beg in the floor. I wrapped my hands around my body as I lay in the couch, thinking about today. I lost my best friends today. I miss Chef, I miss Mom and no matter how I try to, I miss Dad- no, Axel. I miss the old Axel that would buy me toys and try to braid my hair. I miss the times when I would so on his lap and we would watch cartoons together. I miss him so much.

"I'm so hungry" A deep voice came from the kitchen, making me spring up from my position. I took the baseball bat from the back of the door and walked slowly towards the kitchen.

"Alex, can you make me something?" The deep voice yelled. What? How did the person know me?! I saw someone emerge from the kitchen and I felt like swinging the baseball bat across the person's head when I saw who it is. I took a deep breath and glared at the boy in front of me.

"Nick, how the hell did you come in?" I said slowly, trying to get a hold of my temper.

"The door was open" he shrugged and went back to the kitchen. Is this guy psycho?

"So? I didn't ask you to come in and how could I not have noticed you coming in? Did you break in? Is this how you break into other people's houses to ask for food?" I pointed my index finger at him accusingly as I followed him to the kitchen.

"Calm down, I don't break into people's houses" He rolled his eyes. His back was turned to me as he was bent, rummaging through the fridge. My fridge.

"What are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes at him when I saw him bring out some drinks from the fridge.

"Looking for something to eat" He muttered as he took some slices of bread and began putting some Nutella. My Nutella.

"I remember you having a house. That has a kitchen." I put a hand on my waist as I glared at him. He took the toaster and put the bread in it.

"Oh, do I?" He said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temple.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" I almost yelled out in frustration. He raised an eyebrow at my behavior and I sighed. "Listen, I'm not in a good mood today so just leave. Please"

"I never asked if you were in a good mood or not" he said indifferently  and I looked at him in disbelief. I folded my arms over the other as he gave me an indifferent look.

"Gosh, you're so frustrating" I muttered and stormed to the parlour. I took my school bag and went upstairs. I stripped and took a nice, long shower. Releasing a satisfying breath, I walked out from the bathroom in my fluffy towel. My fingers were pruned and my face was flushed. I put on sweats and a hoodie.

I went back downstairs to check if Nick was still there. He was sprawled out on the couch, with the TV remote in his left hand and a bowl of Coco pops cereal on his lap with his right hand lifting the spoon filled with milk and Coco pops to his parted mouth. I was behind him so he didn't notice me. His leg was on the centre table, crossed over one another as he wiggled his toes in the black socks on his feet.