Chapter.16 Stormy Weather(PT.1) and (PT.2)

🎶 LISTEN TO THE MUSIC 🎶

More stormy days for Michael, Kayla, and Troy

Michael could not remember where the fuck he was. He woke up in the back seat of someone's car. It looked slightly familiar, but his head was pounding, and he could not think straight. His stomach felt like it was twisted in several knots and he started to feel the tell signs that whatever was in, was about to come out.

He swiftly forced open the door and vomited outside of the car.

He looked down and all he had on were his denim jeans and Non-slip red/black Retro Jordan shoes. No shirt. He clumsily got out of the car avoiding his own puke and rubbed his eyes. He surveyed his surroundings, not recognizing anything around him. In the distance, all he could see was a house and some figure sitting on the steps with a blue light flashing across their face. Maybe a cell phone light?

He glanced around again and finally recognized his Jeep. Then he turned back around to the house and realized it was his. 'Fucking hell, I must be fucking wasted,' he thought. He staggered across the driveway and up the steps.

Deshawn closed his cell phone as Michael approached and sat down beside him. Deshawn passed him a cold bottle of water. He poured some in his mouth, spit it out and then poured some more and swallowed. The water felt so cool against his burning throat. He slid the rest of the liquid over his head flattening out his hair and running over his body. He felt like his skin was on fire, so the water was a welcome treat.

"Are you okay now bro?" Deshawn asked patting him on the back.

"Don't I look okay bro?" Michael teased, flashing him a weak grin.

"You know there's going to be some questions about tonight, right?" Deshawn continued.

Slowly the memory of tonight's events came pouring into his head. Now he remembered what the hell was going on. 'Oh Fuck,' was all he could think.

**************************

Kayla and her father were still not on speaking terms. And the presence of this new guy, Khris Kelly in their home was upsetting her even more. She was still shocked that her father's plan had lasted this long.

The last time she had seen Michael was over three weeks ago when he had stopped by to see her father. Kayla had been so excited to see him. She had planned to wait for him outside of her father's study, but figured that would give their little secret away.

So instead, she waited upstairs. But about 10 minutes later she heard the front door open, then close, then open again and close a final time. She scurried to her window as Michael walked quickly to his Jeep, got in and tore out of their driveway.

A few minutes later Troy had come upstairs and laid down the law. No cell phone, no laptop, no car, no credit cards! Nothing!

"You can't do that!!" Kayla had screamed at him.

"Yes, I can. Until you can pay for those things, then you will live by my goddamn rules in my house! I mean it, Kayla. You are to stay away the hell from him," Troy warned her.

Kayla was trying her best to not cry, but tears started to spill over the rim of her eyes. When he walked out of her room, taking her 2016 Samsung galaxy note 7 cell phone, hot pink HP laptop and 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 car keys with him, she had thrown a porcelain dolphin at her door, which loudly broke into several pieces.

She and her father argued for a week straight about her relationship with Michael. Her father tried to explain to her why he wanted them apart. He's too old for her, he has personal issues he has to deal with, blah blah blah was all she heard. She did not give a damn if Michael was an alien and had a wife and kids on another planet. She loved him, and her father was not going to keep her from him.

She had tried to escape on several occasions, but it usually ended with Troy picking her up and carrying her back to the house with her kicking and screaming like a little girl.

Finally, her dad pulled his last high card. He told her if she did not fucking control herself for these next few weeks, then he would pull her damn tuition at Spelman College. Them words stopped her in her tracks. She had dreamed about going to Spelman ever since she was a little girl.

And to prove to her that he was serious and not playing no games, he had his money for her Stewart Living and Learning Center refunded. Instead of her privileged housing, she now was forced to some fucking random dorm on the far side of campus with damn no air conditioning.

She and Lori would be traveling together a month and a half from now for school. Lori did not get into Spelman, but she got into Clark Atlanta University which was only a few miles away. The two of them had been planning everything together since freshman year of high school.

The thought of many years of planning just going down the drain made her so sick. But she wanted Michael. She hated her father for making her choose the love of her life and her future living at college.

And she did not make life easy at their house for Khris either. She resented him being there. Khris Jacob Kelly's father Admiral Terrence Kelly and her dad Troy were great friends who had served together. Khris is 19 years old and 6'0'' had just finished up his first year at Annapolis. His dad thought it was best if he spent a week or two with Troy to see what it takes to make it in the Navy.

Kayla had to admit that he was a nice guy. And good looking as hell. His dad Admiral Terrence Kelly was black, and his mom Kaimana Kelly was native Hawaiian, and he had grown up in Oahu, Hawaii. He had most beautiful hazel-green eyes and a beautiful smile. He seemed to smile all the time, actually. She wondered what kind of soldier he would make. He definitely seemed like the kind that you see in those news stories that have the soldier giving the little native children a piggyback ride.

But she did not feel the need to talk to him. Or get to know him more. She knew she was being a bitch, but she did not care. She wanted to make her father and anyone else around as miserable as she felt.

But it had now been close to three weeks and she had not seen Michael. She was going stir crazy in that house. Kayla tried to keep herself busy so her mind would not wander off to Michael Taylor. Her heart seemed empty without him. Her body seemed numb without his touch.

But today she was fed up and she had devised a plan. She stomped downstairs towards her father's study. She opened the door and walked in not caring if she was interrupting him.

"Daddy, if you want me to go to this Veteran's Ball next week, I need to buy a dress and get my hair done. If I can't have either of those, I'm not going," she said to her father while tapping her feet.

The Admiral looked up and sighed at his daughter. It was the first civil words she had spoken to him in weeks. He leaned back in his chair and took his glasses off.

"Alright then," he said. "Can you tell Khris to come in here?"

Kayla couldn't believe it was that easy. Yes! Finally, she could see Michael. She would use her Dad's BMW i8 car and drive over to his house immediately.

She went running out of the room and up the stairs. She barely passed by the guest room to yell at Khris that her father wanted to see him before she ran into her room and threw on a pair of cute, ass-hugging denim jeans and an off the shoulder lavander shirt.

On her way back down the steps she saw Khris standing there with keys in hand.

"Hey, there you are. Ready to go?" he said with a smile.

"What the hell? I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Um, well your dad said that I could take you around today and keep you company," Khris said with a smile.

Kayla deflated right there in front of Khris, her father was too doing fucking much. She didn't need a fucking babysitter! But she figured it best to try and get out of the house, shake Khris and go find Michael.

"Fine, whatever," she said stomping past him.

Khris followed her out. This was going to be a long damn day.

*******************

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"