Chapter.29 WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS(PT.5)

🎶 LISTEN TO THE MUSIC 🎶

Khris finally made it to Michael's house. He had gotten lost along the way, but with the help of a gas attendant, his gps and a phone call to Lori, he made it.

When he pulled up, he noticed Michael's Jeep parked there. He was so fucking nervous all of a sudden, but he was determined to knock on the door and give Michael a piece of his mind.

Khris's palms got sweaty and his feet seemed heavy. Okay, you can do this he told himself over and over again.

When he reached the front door and knocked, it swung open immediately. But instead of looking up like he was expecting, he looked down at Kayla's tear streaked face. Immediately he went into protective mode.

"What the hell, are you okay?" he asked, grabbing her shoulders.

"They took him!! I don't know where and they wouldn't tell me anything!!!" she screamed at him as she grabbed him for hug.

Khris stood there holding her in his arms for a few minutes trying to figure out what the hell she was talking about. He stroked her back until her sobs died down.

"Okay Princess, what happened?" he asked, leading her back into Michael's house.

Kayla sat down on the couch totally distraught over everything that had just happened. She tried to recount for Khris what had just taken place through her heavy breathing and light sniffles.

"He, he went outside and there were some Shore Patrol officers waiting on him. They said he had to come with them. But they wouldn't tell me anything! They handcuffed him!!" she said getting upset again.

"I was going to follow them, but I don't know how to drive his Jeep. It's a stick shift. Can you take me to their offices?" she asked Khris, her wet eyes full of hope.

This was not the position that Khris wanted to be in. He was trying to keep her AWAY from Michael. Not encouraging her to see him. But the way she was looking at him right now, he knew he would cave and take her anyway.

He at least he could try to stall her. He knew she couldn't be comfortable in the same long gown from last night.

"Hey, do you want to stop by your house first and change?" Khris offered, as he opened the door to his car for her.

"No! I want to get to Michael," Kayla said, buckling her seat belt.

"Kayla, please, they just took him, right?. Let's just stop by your house first and see if your dad is back. Maybe he can help in this whole situation."

"Or maybe he caused this whole situation!" she spat back at him.

But then Kayla thought about it. "Yes, actually. Do take me to my house."

Khris didn't understand the sudden change, but he wasn't going to disobey.

As soon as they reached the Admiral's house, Kayla jumped out of the car. She ran up to her room and started packing her clothes. She would not spend another fucking night in her father's house if he was going to play these horrible fucking games. She changed quickly out of her gown and threw on the first thing she could find, which was a Lavender, thin summer dress.

When she came wobbling down the stairs with two heavy suitcases, she saw Khris's face drop.

"Kayla, this isn't right," he quietly said.

Kayla walked right past him and threw her bags in the trunk. They passed Michael's on their way to the Shore Patrol Offices, so she dropped her bags in his room, to complete her mini independence.

*********************

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"