Chapter.51 SECRETS/NEW BEGININGS(PT.1)

⚠️ KAYLA AND LORI 💕🌹⬆️⚠️

         ⚠️ SHORT CHAPTER 🥺⬆️⚠️

Kayla knew she had to see the doctor this week. She would be seven weeks now, and she still didn't know if she were keeping the baby or not, but if she did, she wanted to make sure she was doing everything right for him. Or her. It.

She informed Michael that she and Lori were going to the mall to shop, which technically wasn't a lie, since Lori was returning some merchandise, but then from there, they traveled back to Dr. Parlson's office.

"Alrighty, Kayla. We're all done for the day. The nurse will schedule your follow up when you pay," Dr. Parlson said in his normal cheery manner, after examining her and handing her tons of paper about pregnancy expectations.

"Thank you, Dr. Parlson. Hey, can I ask you a question?" Kayla said, nervously.

"Of course. Shoot."

"When's the last week I can have an abortion?" she said, looking down at her feet.

"Well, Kayla our clinic doesn't perform abortions, so I'd hate to give you the wrong information. But I believe it's up to 24 weeks, although many physicians that I know of don't really think it's healthy for the woman to wait so late. But I'd prefer you talk to another doctor who deals directly with that procedure, okay? I wouldn't want to misquote anything. But if you are looking to go that route, I can have the nurse recommend some top clinics."

"Okay," she said as she followed Dr. Parlson out of the room. As soon as she and Lori reached the car, Lori turned to her. "Okay, tell me everything."

Kayla surprised herself at how eager she was to tell Lori the big news. "Well, he asked if I wanted to know anything about the baby, and I said yes. He said that it's not just one baby but two babies, they are about the size of a pencil eraser, they have a heartbeat, and they are starting to develop facial features."

"Oh My God!!! Kayla sis your having twins no way."

"Wicked! That's so weird but cool twins."

"And...he told me my due date," she smiled over at Lori.

"So, you're going to keep the babies?"

Kayla sighed, "I don't know. I kinda want to. But with so much going on and my age, I know everyone would think I'm a fool to."

"Well, when is your due date?" Lori asked, trying to change the subject. She knew that this was difficult for Kayla.

"April 10th! Michael's birthday is on the 9th!! How crazy is that?!" Kayla asked all excited.

"Well, you know when his parents were getting busy too," Lori laughed. "That is really neat Kayla."

Lori began to think about that date. "Hey, April is pretty close to the end of the school year, you know. That's not bad. Maybe...just maybe you would barely miss any schoolwork, if you still wanted to attend a college."

Kayla pondered over it too. Well, Spelman was out of the question, but just maybe she could still attend college. She knew girls in her high school that had come every day up until their child's birth, maybe she could do the same. It was definitely worth investigating, because she really did want to go to school. She would make that her new task.

***********************

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"