Chapter.31 BLINDSIDED(PT.2)

🎶 LISTEN TO THE MUSIC 🎶

Once Kayla and Khris reached the Shore Patrol offices, she gave her statement to Officer Wilson. Unfortunately, the Admiral saw her come in and a shouting match ensued between the two of them, actually Kayla more than the Admiral. Khris tried to break it up, but Kayla blamed her father for Michael being held there. Even though the Admiral denied it, Kayla would not listen.

Chase had been back in the offices, about to follow up on Michael's case, when he saw the event between Kayla and her dad unfold. And the poor kid stuck in the middle of it, looked so uncomfortable.

"Hey, hey, Kayla, calm down," Chase said as he barged in on their group.

"Kayla, I didn't say anything to Wilson about Michael. I've been trying to help him this whole time. But I'm upset with both of you for lying to me," Troy tried to reason with his daughter.

"Why should I believe you?! You called SP on him once already!" Kayla screamed back at him.

Chase grabbed her waist and pulled her away. Kayla was crying again. God, she hated being so emotional. She just didn't want to deal with her father right now.

Khris saw Chase pull her away, and was two seconds from pulling her back, until she glared over at him and Troy.

"Hey, Admiral, I'll take her to her a friend's house or something to cool down, alright?" Chase asked, rubbing Kayla's back through her sobs.

Troy felt that maybe that was best. He was so sick and tired of this whole damn thing. He just wanted to go home and finish some work to take his mind off of all of this.

"Fine, thanks Chase," Troy said, and he turned and walked out of the offices. Khris hesitated, but then followed the Admiral out.

***************

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"