Chapter.63 YOU HURT ME(PT.7)💔💘

🥀 ADMIRAL TROY & KAYLA ⬆️🥀

🥀VERY SHORT CHAPTER ENJOY😉🥀

🥀LOVE IS ONLY MADE MORE VALUABLE BY THE RISK OF HEARTBREAK🥀

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

When Kayla made it back, her dad was in the kitchen cooking. The aroma hung in the air making her stomach growl. She was glad she finally got her appetite back.

He was chopping some tomatoes when she entered. "Hey baby girl, how did it go?" he asked.

"I guess okay, I won't know anything until tomorrow," Kayla answered, while grabbing some cucumbers to slice. Troy looked up and noticed Kayla seemed down. He knew what the problem was. She wanted Michael. He knew this was killing her. And Michael for that matter.

He kept his eyes on the tomatoes when he asked, "Want to talk about it?" She shook her head and continued cutting the cucumbers. They both stood there diligently working over the food when Kayla decided to talk.

"Are you...are you disappointed in me?" she asked her father.

Troy stopped cutting and looked up at her. She had her head down, slowly slicing way more cucumbers than needed. She had sucked in her bottom lip, like she had done all her life...his tell-tell sign that she was about to cry.

"Kayla, I've only been hurt at the fact that I thought you were shutting me out of your life. And I wish you would have come to me sooner with some of your problems so I could help you. I can't help it; I will always worry about you and do my absolute best to help you. I would gladly forfeit my own life, if it meant you could have a better one."

Kayla glanced up at her father.

"But no, I'm not disappointed in you. Not in the least. You are an amazing young woman with a great head on her shoulders. You're about to become a mom, and what do you do...you continue to pursue your studies, with no help from anyone. Your bravery astounds me, and you could teach most of the men I know a thing or two about it."

Kayla started smiling through her tears. Her father was the best. Her mom Sasha was crazy for leaving him.

"Now, do you mind coming over here and giving your old man a hug?"

She laughed and skipped over to her father and gave him a strong bear hug. She loved him so much.

Later that night after dinner, Kayla went to her room sat on the bed and finally listened to her voice messages from Michael. She had accumulated quite a few. It had been a week since they had last talked.

'Um, hey bab--Kayla, I was just calling to see how you were doing

'Um, hey bab--Kayla, I was just calling to see how you were doing. If you can, just give me a call back to put my mind at ease. Okay, I lo—talk to you later. Bye.'

'It's me again. Hope everything is okay. Just call me when you get a second. Bye.'

'Hey, um, it's me. Again. I hope I'm not bothering you. I realize you aren't picking up and that's okay. *Sigh* I was thinking about you this morning—who am I kidding, I think about you all the time. Anyway, I hope you're having a good day.'

Kayla continued to listen to about 10 more messages until she got to the last one. She played it back.

'I'm miserable. I love you.'

Kayla pulled the phone from her ear and threw it on her dresser. She didn't know what she felt at the moment. She loved him. No doubt about that, but perhaps her perception of him when she was an eight year old girl who gave the name 'Michael' to her Ken doll, needed to melt away in order to reveal the man he was now. He was not perfect. He was definitely flawed, but so was she. They both had hurt each other so much in such a short time. He cut her with his words, and she burned him with her actions. Maybe in that respect, they were perfect for each other.

She tried, but she couldn't erase the look of pain on his face when she revealed to him her plans to maybe abort and not tell him. He looked like a little boy then, much like how he looked when she had first met him. She remembered the feeling she got the very first time she laid eyes on her Prince Charming.

She had to chuckle to herself. Michael was no Prince Charming. Actually, he's the guy who would have called Prince Charming a 'pussy' and then kicked his ass. That thought turned her small giggle into a full-on laugh. She was sure her father heard her downstairs, but she couldn't help it. That was too funny.

But just as soon as the laugh had come, thinking about falling asleep tonight without him beside her, made her weep. God, she was such a wreck. She was sure it was her out of whack hormones due to the babies. Dr. Parlson said she'd act a little strange, and damn if she wasn't getting weirder by the day.

*********************** 

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"