Chapter.61 YOU HURT ME(PT.5)💔💘

🥀ADMIRAL TROY, MT, KAYLA, LORI, DESHAWN, KHRIS⬆️🥀

🥀VERY SHORT CHAPTER ENJOY😉🥀

🥀 ALL RELATIONSHIP HAVE ONE LAW. NEVER MAKE THE ONE YOU LOVE FEEL ALONE, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE THERE.🥀

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Michael sat on his couch cloaked in misery. He had spent the night in the waiting room, only to have the Admiral wake him up and say that he still couldn't see Kayla and it was best if he went home.

At first, he had protested, but Admiral Jackson had said it was for her own good, because they didn't want to add any extra stress. So, Michael conceded again.

Earlier that morning when he had arrived back at his home, he checked his voicemail for the first time. The first message was from Kayla and listening to how weak she sounded and asking him to take her to the hospital fucking destroyed him. Could the ground open up and devour him? Please?!

And about an hour ago, he had received a call from the Admiral saying that he was stopping by to retrieve Kayla's belongings. She was moving out. Michael was so confused. He wasn't sure where this left them.

Michael heard the Admiral pull up to his house. He opened the door to greet him. Neither man said a word as they packed her clothes into her light pink suitcases. Michael looked around the rest of the house picking up different artifacts of hers, each one chipping a little bit at his heart. He went to the bathroom and saw her neon-pink dress from the night of their first 'official' date lying behind the bathroom door.

He wanted to break down and cry right then, but a man can only shed so many tears. And he'd shed a lifetimes worth in a day and a half. He quickly picked the dress up and threw it into his guest room. He would keep that as a souvenir of one of the best nights of his life.

When they were done packing, Troy turned to Michael. He was so uncomfortable with being stuck in the middle of this, but he knew his daughter couldn't do it.

"Um, Michael, I need to speak with you."

Michael turned to look at the Admiral. He had distressing look on his face. Oh, shit. Here it comes.

"Well, Kayla wanted me to tell you that she thinks you and she need to be apart. And she's sorry she couldn't tell you personally, but the idea of talking to you on the phone, or even writing a letter was causing her to get upset...so I made her stop."

Fuck. Michael exhaled and nodded his head. He couldn't begin to express to anyone how he felt. Hell, he didn't even know how he felt. Was there a word to even describe his own personal hell that kept getting deeper and deeper?

"Okay," was all he could say.

Troy stood there for a moment looking at Michael. He looked much like he did when Troy had first seen him. Empty eyes.

"Michael, perhaps you should continue going to counseling," Troy suggested.

Michael shook his head, "No, doesn't really help someone as fucked up as me. And I don't like talking to strangers."

"Well, what about me?" Troy asked, before he really had a chance to think it through.

"What?"

"I'm not a stranger. I could come over here, two times a week or so, and we can shoot the shit. Plus, I'd enjoy spending more time with you like we used to do."

Michael couldn't believe the Admiral was saying that. He wanted to be his shrink or whatever? Perhaps it wasn't a bad idea. He trusted the Admiral more than anyone else.

"Alright," Michael said, not giving it much more thought. His mind was on Kayla.

"Well, now that it's settled, I'll see you later this week," Troy said, reaching over to shake his hand. Michael shook his hand back, but the Admiral held his longer and stared at him. "Michael, remember what I told you years ago when you were training?"

"You told me a lot of stuff, sir," Michael quietly admitted.

Troy chuckled and let go of his hand. So, he had. Kayla had been such a girl. She liked pink, played Barbie dolls, and wore dresses all the time. Not a tomboyish thing about her. So, to talk about football, military, and things that a father would tell a son, Troy welcomed those opportunities with Michael.

"I guess I have told you a lot. But I also told you not to blame the world for what your mom Meredith, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Heath did. They lost out on the chance to know an amazing young man. So, don't let them hold you back, because you deserve better."

"Yes sir, I remember you telling me that," Michael answered.

"Good. Now try to start believing it," Troy said, as he turned and walked out.

********************* 

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"