Chapter.62 YOU HURT ME(PT.6)💔💘

🥀 KAYLA JACKSON💕💔⬆️🥀

🥀 VERY LONG CHAPTER ENJOY😉🥀

🥀 I WISH I COULD GIVE YOU MY.   PAIN JUST FOR ONE MOMENT NOT TO HURT YOU, BUT TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH YOU HURT ME.............🥀

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Kayla was nervous. She knew what she was asking for wasn't the norm. She was aware of the fact that classes started in less than two weeks since she had practically memorized their student calendar. Funny where life takes you sometimes. She knew her father had wanted her to wait until Spring semester, but Kayla didn't want to miss a beat. She wanted to get her life back on track before Hurricane Michael blew it all over the place, and the idea of sitting around an extra 5 months with nothing to do but think of HIM, was not that appealing. She had only been out of the hospital a little over a week, but she felt much better and was determined to get her life organized.

She was sitting in the Administrative offices at San Diego State University. She knew of a few friends who were also attending. Their campus was beautiful, and just being in that atmosphere started getting her excited.

The receptionist finally looked up at her. "Mrs. Cranberg can see you now." Kayla was extremely nervous, but she grabbed her large folder and purse and walked into the office. It was more untidy than Kayla would have imagined. Mrs. Cranberg was sitting behind her desk with a super-size cup of coffee in one hand and her hand glued to the mouse of the computer with the other. She had her dark brown hair pulled up into a ponytail and several bangles lining up her arm. She also seemed much younger than Kayla would have imagined. She looked up when Kayla entered.

"Hi, Kayla, right?"

"Hi, Kayla, right?"

"Yes ma'am, how are you?"

"I'm just fine, have a seat. And please, call me Alianna," she said, as she cleared several papers from her desk.

"So, I hear you have an unusual request for me?" Alianna questioned.

"Um, yes, I do." Kayla took a deep breath, "I know I'm past late registration for this fall, but I was wondering if you could enroll me?"

Alianna Cranberg had to stop herself from laughing in this young girl's face. She meant no harm, but there was just no way that was going to happen. Sure, kids had come in the last day of late registration and begged to be admitted, but this she was coming in asking to be enrolled when they started classes a week and a half from now.

"I'm sorry Kayla, but we've already admitted the total amount of new students and you are WAY past late registration," she said, sitting her coffee aside.

"I know Mrs. Cran--Alianna, but if you have a moment, I'd like to explain myself."

Alianna leaned back in her chair. "Alright, go ahead."

"Okay, I have already been accepted into Spelman College. Until about 3 weeks ago, I had planned on attending that school with my best friend. We had been planning it since grade school. But plans change, and I really want to attend this university. I have maintained straight A's since I was in 5th grade, I was 2nd in my graduating class with a GPA of 4.8. I was captain of the volleyball team, president of Beta Club, a scholar athlete, Homecoming queen and I've logged several hours of community service for my church. And I say all of that to let you know that I know it's the 11th hour, but I would very much like to be accepted under my circumstances. I'm a really hard worker when it comes to my studies and I'm unbelievably determined. I truly believe I could excel here if given the chance."

"And what circumstances are those?"

"I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins and due in April."

Alianna looked at the young girl. "Why did you not attend a community college first? I'm sure they would accept you in a heartbeat."

"Because I wanted to attend a four-year university. I know myself, and I know I could keep up with the curriculum."

"And what undergraduate program would you like to join?"

"The English Department. I'm especially interested in creative writing."

"Kayla, you seem like a really passionate, sweet young woman, and I can truly admire that. But what you're asking, is for me to go to the Dean of the English Department...who's a tough one by the way...and admit a pregnant student to an already full roster which is already locked and way past late registration. And he's going to ask me 'why', and I have nothing to tell him."

Kayla thought about that for a moment. "Can you tell him that when I graduate in 4 years that I will personally stop by his office in my cap and gown, with my babies and give him the biggest hug he's ever received and thank him for giving a young, ambitious girl a chance?"

Alianna couldn't help it. She laughed and gave Sienna a big smile. "You know what...I absolutely will tell him just that!"

"Thank you so much, Alianna," Kayla said, smiling from ear to ear herself.

"Alright, well just leave your application, transcripts, recommendations and anything else you have, with me."

"Yes ma'am. And I also have some samples of my writing if that helps."

"Couldn't hurt. I will have lunch with Dean Johnson tomorrow, and will hopefully have an answer for you then too. But don't set your hopes too high, Kayla, because he's a tough nut to crack. But if you are accepted, I'll need you to pay first year tuition that day, okay?"

"I understand, thank you," Kayla said and got up from the chair and shook Alianna's hand.

Outside, she looked around the campus. She said a silent prayer that she got in.

When she got in her car, she heard felt her phone vibrate. She looked down and the caller ID read: Taylor, Michael. She desperately wanted to answer it, but she knew she would do more harm than good. So, she pressed 'ignore' and drove back home.

********************* 

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"