Chapter 3. Here we are

As Theo and Blaise got sucked out onto the side of a road, Theo pulls out his wand just in case.

"He wanted me to take the mark." Theo blurted out. "He wanted you to take it too."

"I know! my mom said she offered me to the dark lord as well, But you psychopath decided to pull lunatic stunt!" Blaise yelled. "You could of been killed because you couldn't manage your anger."

"I can manage my anger perfectly fine!" Theo defended.

"Oh really? you acted rationally. I thought you were dumb but not this dumb." snapped Blaise.

"Talk about dumb?! If I jumped from my idiotic level to yours. I would most definitely jump to my death." Theo yelled back.

"Do you ever take things seriously? This isn't a joke. We have people hunting us down now, I would bet you 5 galleons that something is gonna come out and try to kill us." Blaise said furiously.

"Oh yea? BET!" Theo said back.

"You honestly should thank me, this is the second time i've save your life." Blaise added on.

"Yeah well I never asked you to save me." Theo snapped back. They walked in silent until Theo noticed it started raining. He turned to Blaise.

"so what do we do?" asked Theo knowing they have nowhere to go, no home, no school, no family. 

"Well we obviously can't go back to hogwarts, neither of our houses are safe." Theo said. But before Theo could think of anything, suddenly everything went cold and dark. From an instinct Theo had a terrible feeling he knew what it was. Theo pushed his gut feelings away but it felt only colder. Dementors.

"RUN!" Theo yelled.

But before he could runaway a dementor already got a hold of him. Everything went blurry and he saw his dad again, with his mother. His mom was yelling, no begging his father not to kill her. They were in his old bedroom and he could see the satisfied look on his father's face. Theo felt like he was gonna pass out, he then saw a bright light that made the dementor release him and he saw Blaise with his wand out.

"You good mate?" Blaise asked giving Theo a hand.

"Where did they come from?" Theo asked as his head was spinning.

"I reckon they were from The dark lord, which means there already down to hunt us down." Blaise answered. There was a moment of silence.

"You owe me 5 galleons." Blaise said.

"and I'll be shoving those 5 galleons up your arse!" Theo said out of breathe.

They ran under a tree for shelter to escape the rain for a bit, as Blaise looked up at Theo with a stunned face.

"The knight bus!" Blaise said with realization. "Oh that old genius dumbledore!"

"huh?" Theo questioned.

Blaise raises his wand and murmured something under his breath within seconds from a distance Theo saw lights. Then a huge three decker bus came zooming in and stopped right before them. A man opened the door.

"I'm assuming you two must be defected?" asked the man in a black drivers hat.

"wha-

"you guys didn't take the dark mark?" The man said interrupting Blaise. "Yeah, Dumbledore's told me all about you guys. You aren't the first ones looking for help. Well hope on"

Theo and Blaise both looked at each in confusion but said nothing and just hoped on the bus.

"ERNIE TO ESSEX!" The man yelled to the actual driver. Then he turned to look at Blaise and Theo.

"so your names?" The man asked.

"I'm Blaise Zabini and that's Theodore Nott" Blaise answered.

"Aha, I was wondering when i'd see you guys, Dumbledore mentioned you too." The man said "Smart man that Dumbledore, shame he's dead now."

Theo hasn't really thought about dumbledore's death much. He always favoured the gryffindors anyways, but when Theo was at his worst and really needed help. Dumbledore gave him a hand and helped him up.

"Well enjoy the ride, it might be awhile. I'm Stan shunpike" He said turning away to sit by the driver. And then the bus zoomed. This was much faster than riding a broomstick, but it's better then apparating. 

"So what do you reckon happened to Malfoy?" Blaise asked.

"He was an idiot is what I reckon, he should have never been so stubborn. He had you watching out for him, Snape, Dumbledore and even Myrtle." Theo said. "he should of just made a run for it, now look at him. Most likely dead." 

"You know, that could of been you or me in Malfoy position right now if we didn't go to Dumbledore for help." Blaise perceived.

Theo remembered when he was falling apart in his room after he saw Malfoy nearly get killed and hearing his father offering him up. He was more than just scared. He was mainly angry, if his mom was still alive his life could of been so much better. 

"I'm not calling you my brother just so you know." Theo said back.

"Neither am I, we're just acquaintances trying to make it out alive from war." said Blaise. "But what you did was stupid, if I hesitated for only a second you would've been dead"

"Why didn't you hesitate then?" Theo questioned. "You've always hated me, if you had let me just died you probably won't be defected right now."

"you were just gonna let it happen weren't you?" Blaise asked back. "because it clearly looked like you weren't gonna fight back or even dodge it."

"If you knew then why did still save me hm?" Theo asked back. 

"Everyone is worth saving, even you dickhead." Blaise said with a slytherin smirk.

"and thanks for what you did back there." Theo admitted.

"Yeah no problem mate." Blaise answered.

"What do you reckon happened to everyone else? like crabbe and goyle?" Blaise asked.

"I don't know, last i've heard was there fathers offered them to the dark lord so i'm assuming they've taken the dark mark. but I saw Pansy just this morning and Flint last night." Theo said.

"Pansy was in hogwarts? she already took the dark mark though."  said Blaise. "Bet she's helping the carrows."

"You believe in the whole mud-blood and pure-blood thing?" Blaise asked hesitating to look up at Theo. 

"I mean, do you?" Theo replied. "It's what i've been told my whole life, don't think it's ever gonna change. but you know i've never hated them the way Malfoy did."

"neither did I." Blaise said which shocked Theo a little.

"but you always followed around Malfoy." Theo protested. 

"I didn't even know what mudblood meant until Malfoy said it to Granger second year, and even after I never used it. I never really believed in all of this, Blood is just blood to me." said Blaise.

"Isn't Bellatrix Malfoy's aunt?" Theo asked. 

"yeah,  bloodline of idiots and psychopaths." Blaise responded.

"Well were here." Stan gestured to the door.

They stepped out and saw nothing but a small house with a single light on.

"What, that's it?" Theo asked. "What the he-

"GOOD LUCK BOYS!" Stan yelled as he shut the doors and the knight bus disappeared.

"Bloody hell, this better not be some death trap."Blaise said.

"Considering our luck, I wouldn't be surprised if 10 dementors jumped out and started to give us kisses." Theo said

"Do you really need to joke about everything?" Blaise said.

"OVER HERE BOYS!" a old raspy voice yelled from a distance.

They both looked around until they noticed someone with gray hair and a black robe.

"Professor McGonagall?! Blaise and Theo said at the same time.