Chapter 19. Stay

A week later...

Theo punched his fist on his wall as Blaise came running in to stop him from punching any further. Theo's knuckles were bleeding and his head was dizzy. He wanted to keep going on until he felt numb but Blaise had pulled him back.

Ted came running and ordered Blaise to let go. Ted knelt down beside Theo who was now on the floor crawled up in a ball and shut the door.

"I have to go, you read the letter from the order. The ministry knows, Voldemort will be on the search for me and if I stay here they will find you. If i'm on the run that will divert the attention to me and not our safe house. I'm not willing to risk my wife's life, the others and above all yours." Ted explained but Theo didn't c9are enough about anything he said.

"And you life is worth risking? Do you have any ideas just how easy they will be able to kill you?" Theo said starting to tear up.

"I'm well aware-

"Then stay, don't leave me like everyone else does. Please." Theo begged.

"It's too risky, Voldemort probably already knows my whereabouts from the ministry, he will hunt us all down."

"Then let him, we'll fight back."

"We are nothing compared to his followers."

"Then let me come with you." Theo teared up not being able to hold the pain in his voice. "I will die here either way if you leave."

Ted was looking at Theo's hands and picked it up like and casted a healing charm.

"I will be back before you know it, I'm not leaving you. I would never leave you." Ted assured Theo but he had a bad feeling about this. How long would he be able to run before they caught up? 

"I hate you." Theo said trying to sound hateful but Ted just smiled at his quaking words.

"I know." Ted said giving a small chuckle. Theo tears were streaming down his face, he really didn't want him to leave again. 

"You can't just put every else's life ahead of yours and think that counts as love." Theo said softly completely consumed in his terror thoughts.

"I can't just sit back and watch everyone else risk their lives and not do something about it." Ted replied putting an arm around Theo.

"Or maybe you can just let someone else be the hero for once."

"Your not understanding what i'm saying-

"NO! You're not understanding me, you can't be this selfish! Going out there over and over again risking your life!" Theo yelled helplessly. "ARHHH! You can't...

"Calm down-

"You can't just walk into someone's life, make forever promises when you can't keep them!"

Ted was now wiping tears from Theo's furious face.

"I don't break promises, Theo." Ted soothed staring into Theo's eyes. "But this is my life, I get to choose what to do with it. And I choose to protect you."

Theo felt like his heart was shattered, Ted just got back and now he was leaving again for who knows how long this time. Theo remembered how sick worried he was everytime Ted steps foot outside that door, because he knew no matter how careful Ted was, death was right around the corner.

Theo wanted to continue to argue but knew it was pointless. Ted was right, it's his life and Theo doesn't get a say in what he gets to do with it.  "If you don't come back-

"I solemnly swear to you on Merlin's name that I will."

Ted gave Theo a tight hug. Theo gripped onto him like his life depended on it like he did before. Ted told him that he needed to go and he wished he could stay.