Chapter 5. Damaged goods

*Just in case: this chapter may contain triggers for some readers that struggle with mental health or self harming. 

Theo woke up laying on the floor with the photo still in his hands. He wondered how he even fell asleep last night. It was all a blur, he looked to the side and saw the broken glass cup and his hand with dried blood. He tucked the picture into his pocket and went into the cabinet to see clothes stocked up inside. He picked out a blue jumper and took off his shirt he had been wearing for the past 3 days with spots of blood. 

He hears a knock on his door. Before he could invite them in the door flung open and standing there was luna lovegood.

"Morning!"  Luna said skipping inside. "Your room is kind of a mess, Do you sleep walk?"

"Mind your own business pesty bitch." Theo replied.

Luna didn't say anything other then a quick smile and skipped away. Bloody lunatic, she's always been creepy. She's like a doll that came to life from someone else's nightmare. You wouldn't believe she was a pure-blood. She's as good as a mudblood.

"reparo." said Theo pointing to the glass cup as it slowly repaired itself slowly, piece by piece, the little tiny glass pieces came together and turned back into a cup. He walked over to the cup and held it in his hand. It was fixed without a single crack but it felt off. It was not broken anymore but it was. It was hard to explain in his mind what he saw exactly. 

He left the room reassuring he still had the picture in his pocket. He entered the kitchen and looked around the dark room for sign of Andromeda. 

"your awake! Come eat, I made waffles and toast." said Ted. He hesitated for a moment but then went to sit down. He picked a waffle up and started to eat.

"Could someone help me with the laundry?" asked Luna lovegood.

"Blaise, do you mind giving Luna a hand?" Andromeda asked.

"Sure." Blaise muttered. Unwillingly getting up from his seat he walks over to follow Luna who was skipping along. He never noticed how weird Luna dressed, Creepy doll.

Andromeda sat down at the table, as Tracey and Millicent finished there foods and left to head to the garden in the back of the cottage.

"How are you feeling?" Andromeda asked.

"We're in the middle of a losing war, I pissed off a group of death eaters and tried killing my father so I don't know. I feel great." Theo responded sarcastically. 

"Okay." She said. "You know you have every right to be angry right now but I must disagree on your first point."

"you really believe we're gonna win? That we're all gonna make it out alive?"Theo chuckled.

"It's not a crime to have hope in it." replied Andromeda.

"Well your putting your hope at a stalemate." Theo said fairly.

"I'm going to help the girls at the garden" Ted said turning to Andromeda. She nodded as he walked out. Theo thought it was the perfect opportunity to ask her about the photo.

" I found this under the bed. It's a picture of you and my mother." Theo said handing Andromeda the photo of his mother and her standing together in what looked like a potions class smiling and waving

Andromeda took the photo from Theo's hands, and stared at in silence. When Theo noticed she wasn't going to say anything he asked "Did you know my mother well?" 

"Your mother and I go way back into our childhoods, she was a dear friend of mine and we went to Hogwarts together." she said still staring at the photo. "When my dear family disowned me your mother was kind enough to take me in, she was truly very kind. There's not a single day that goes where I don't miss your mother."