Chapter 13. Burning beauty

The passing days have been dreadful, Theo felt like he was living the same day over and over again. With Luna still claiming she saw Draco, 'Dromeda and Millicent going back and forth to help the order, Ted running around to send messages and track people down, Tracey and Miles never coming out, Blaise obsessing over Luna and Theo trying to figure out the stupid riddles.

The minute he shuts his eyes, he didn't want to wake up cause he knew that the next day was gonna be just like the day before. He wished he could have just create his own reality. He's heard of it before, when you make choices and decision there's always other options you could have picked which would give you a whole different outcome so a new dimension is created where you went down that path. Maybe he could shift to another dimension where they weren't in the middle of war. Or a dimension where his father loved him, or a dimension where his mother was alive. It's possible isn't it? I mean he's a wizard, he can go back in time if he wanted to, what's stopping him from jumping to a different dimension?

Of course then it hit him, time tuner. Oh if only he could make one, he could go back in time and save his mother. Where would he be right now? Perhaps at home, eating pancakes with sweet teas, music playing. Maybe he was on his way to Hogwarts, and both of his parents kiss him on the head to wish him good luck on another school year, he'll just pretend that his father really loved his mother. 

Maybe he was at school, with his friends having fun and causing trouble because he knows that even if he was sent him his parents still loves him. He felt his chest physically get heavy and his heart break a little. He can feed himself all the lies and fantasies he wants, but no matter how hard he tries he couldn't avoid the truth. That this was his life, this fucked up world was his life and there's nothing he can do to change it.

He thought about a rose. Roses were always meant to represent beauty, but it's thorns are vile. How could something like a rose, so elegant and beautiful be so poisonous? Is a rose like love, beautiful and happy but slowly ends up killing you? Maybe that's what his father meant by love makes you weak. 

"fancy a cuppa?" asked Ted. "you look knackered."

"sure, I could do a cup." Theo replied, he reaches for a cup of tea Ted made that was left on the table.

"Andromeda has been communicating with Mcgonagall, she's hiding something." said Ted.

"what are you proposing?" Theo questioned.

"I don't know, we're trying to get down to it." Ted shrugged.

"where are you off too?" Theo asked as Ted was grabbing his jumper and wand.

"i've got more news that some defected may be near the ministry, gonna try to get them out." Ted said.

"why's the ministry keeping the defected?" Theo said questioning with.

"The ministry has been taken over by death eaters so I really can't come with me." Ted explained

"and what it's somehow safe for you!?" Theo scorned.

"just control your temper alright?" Ted said calmly and walked out without waiting for a response.

Theo wanted to ask Ted if risking his life like this for kids he barely knew was worth it but deep down he already knew the answer. He nearly died trying to save Miles, he just didn't understand why they had to stay and fight. Why not just leave, the world is big Voldemort couldn't possibly find them if they kept running.

"mate, want to help me bodge this?" Blaise shouted.

"depends, are we gonna blodge your brain?" Theo snickered. "it's quite botched to me."