Chapter 9. Frost

Theo woke up on his bed, his body was still in pain and he just didn't have the energy to move. He felt his head throbbing and his limbs felt weak like it has been taken apart and clumsy put back together.

"how are you feeling?" ask Ted as Theo remembered what happened. Ted was there to help save his life, again. Theo didn't answer his question but just looked at the clock. Midnight.

"Where did you get that potion?" asked Ted. "it's a pretty rare dark potions, kills people within seconds." Ted looked pretty exhausted, he must been with Theo for awhile trying to heal him. Healing takes a lot of energy, it's practically drains it all.

"I nicked it from my father." Theo whispered.

"I don't want to give you a lecture while your still in pain but you are so unbelievably stupid." Ted sighed. "If I was a couple seconds late then you could have been out. completely."

"I know." Theo admitted.

"What were you thinking?" asked Ted with a tone full of worry. 

"I just wanted out." replied Theo. Ted just sighed.

"you can't tell me you've never thought about it, it's war. We're all gonna die anyways." Theo continued while coughing as talking made his throat throb.

"But you can't just give up." Ted said quietly. "You are too young Theo, you haven't even experienced nearly half of what the world has to offer. Don't let your past overtake you, fight back."

"you don't know anything about my past." Theo spitted. Ted looked down at his arm that still haven't completely healed yet. He pulled out his wand and casted another healing charm. Theo felt the fire in his throat disappear.

"I know that you are just boy who lost your mother too young, who was treated unfairly by your father and thinks the world is against and that you have no one standing by your side." said Ted.

Theo was tired of thinking, he was tired of being alone and feeling like no one can be trusted. He was tired of being afraid of the unknown, he was tired of watching everyone else around him find their happiness, he was tired of crying, tired of being angry, tired of missing his family. He was tired of trying.

"But I can promise you one thing that I'm on your side, and I will never leave you till the day I die." Ted finished off.

Theo felt a couple tears stream down his face, he wasn't sure how to feel from Ted's reassuring father like words that he never got to hear from his father. But whatever he felt, he was just happy that he met someone like Ted, So selfless and compassionate and having so much hope in Theo. 

"I'm scared, of war" surrendered Theo.

"Wars are like the sea; unpredictable and unforgiving, and before you know it everyone's drowning." said Ted. "you should be afraid but not give up."

"I just don't want to have to watch everyone around me die when the time comes." Theo cried softly.

"Just think about it this way, there not dying. Your just letting them go." said Ted.

"I'm sorry, for everything." Theo whimpered.

"Don't say sorry to me, apologize to yourself. You are taking away your own opportunity to a great life" replied Ted.

"Please don't mention this to anyone else." said Theo in a pleading tone and Ted just nodded.

Theo closed his eyes trying to rest but he wasn't able to fall asleep. Ted stayed with him all night, Until the morning around 6am Ted had to respond to a letter from the order. From ted's healing all night and a couple more vomits, Theo's stomach was still in bit of pain but he was able to get back on his feet and act like nothing happened.