Chapter 32. Rules

"Check"

Theo resisted the urge to burst into rage as this is the 5th time that Blaise had cornered his king and the game has been going on for nearly 2 hours. He tried to focus and win but his techniques are just not of match compared to Blaise.

"Shit," hissed Theo contemplating if there was any other way for him to win. "I don't know where my game is today."

"You never had a game," Draco snarled behind Theo. "You were always shit at chess. Even Goyle beat you."

"Hey, I've beaten you before."

"One time in third year."

"And you still look fucking bitter about it," he smirked as the memory so vividly came flooding back. "Like I shoved the king up your arse or something."

Blaise shook his head but kept his eyes on the game. "Must you always be a crass?"

"Yes, it's part of my charm."

"Check," said Blaise again, snaring the King with his bishop and directed a bored look at Theo. "You charm is about as good as your chess playing skills."

"Well, we all know that's bullshit," he replied and a rush of humor flooded his mind. "I could've charmed the chastity belt of Umbridge if i'd wanted to-

"Theo, what the fuck?" growled Blaise. "Do you think I need those thoughts in my head-

Theo wanted to laugh at Blaise's face of disgust. " I bet it would be pink chastity  belt with a metaphorical cat on it saying 'Don't touch my puss-

"Merlin, Theo, STOP IT!"

"You are boring."

Theo thought it was so funny and saw from the corner of his eyes that Draco was grinning too. He always knew he was hilarious. What would his friends do without Theo blessing them with his gift of humor. They should be thanking him he thought. 

"I'm not disturbing."

Theo felt more alive, he felt he had more of a purpose then just ghostly exiting, and for a while he realized he's pretty much has gotten over Ted's death. The hole in his chest was still there where Ted used to be but it doesn't hurt as much.

"You can get mad at me, it's not my fault you don't have a sense of humour-

"I have a sense of humour, Theo, you're just not fucking funny-

"Why must you lie to yourself everyday?"

"Would you just shut up and make your move!"

"You two sound more like brothers every day," remarked Draco smirking at them both.

"Step-brothers," Theo corrected ever though he didn't really mind. "Aside from the obvious fact that I am far too good looking to be related to Blaise by blood, the fact that he has no sense of humour- 

"Bloody hell, Theo, don't make me come over to your side of the table."

Theo thought about during second year when Blaise thought a patronus was suppose to kill people not protect. "What are you going to do? Patronise me to death?"

Blaise shot up to his feet and he looked mad but Theo could see a spark of laughter from the corner of his mouth. "I'll show you what I'll bloody-

He trailed off as Andromeda entered the room and Blaise sat back down immediately with what like embarrassment that flushed his face and Theo only gave him a hidden raise of a brow. But Andromeda's presence seemed to silence them all. 

"I thought you might like to know," she said looking at Draco. "That they made it out of Gringotts."

Draco with no shock of surprise responded. "You're certain?"