Chapter 18. Cloud 9

The past week was rather awkward for Theo after his and Luna's hug that he has so desperately tried to forget. It definitely seems to bother him more then her, actually she wasn't bothered at all. Maybe she forgot already, or it didn't mean anything to her or Theo was over thinking a stupid hug that meant nothing.

It's been quite dark for Theo as he felt all alone once more with Ted constantly leaving. He came by two days ago and stayed for the afternoon and left again. He spent all his time with Theo and he was eternally grateful that Ted was willing to waste it on him rather than Andromeda. He'd always remember to tap his ring to record there conversation just in case he doesn't come back. It scared Theo everytime Ted leaves that maybe there a slight chance that he would never come back.

Draco was in his own little world, barely steps out of his room much like Tracey and Miles. But this morning Theo was caught by surprise seeing Draco out and wandering about as. Theo couldn't sleep because he had too many thoughts, what was Malfoy's reason he asked himself as curiosity sparked within him.

"Good morning, precious," Theo trolled as Draco settled on the step next to him. "and why aren't you tucked in bed."

"Probably the same reason as you." said Draco.

He couldn't sleep because Luna was stuck in the back of his head. "Morning wood?"

"Not quite. Just... too many thoughts to sleep." Draco chuckled in a low tone.

"Oh, that," Theo nodded. We're on the same boats with too many thoughts he thought to himself. "Yes, this is hardly the place to catch up on your beauty sleep, Malfoy. I would say that it gets easier, but if that were true, I wouldn't be here talking to you at four in the morning."

"Brilliant."

Theo wanted to ask what was on his mind but thought it might be dangerous risking what was on his mind. "So you're really defected then?"

"Would I be here if I hadn't?" Draco said with a arched brow.

"Fair point." Theo admitted. "And how exactly do you explain your sudden tolerance for Muggle-borns? I saw that look you gave me when I said 'Mudblood' the other day." 

Malfoy despised any muggle-borns. Theo had to distance himself from him because of it, since he would go to an extent amount of trouble just to torture mudbloods and now all of sudden he's fine with it. in fact maybe showed a little hatred towards Theo that day when he said mudblood.

"A lot has changed since we last spoke." Draco sighed and closing his eyes, he seemed really tired from whatever was going on in his mind but Theo was just to curious and had to continue asking questions.

"Care to elaborate?"

"Not right now," He shook his head. "How can I tell you my reasons when I don't completely understand them myself?"

He knew the Draco was not willing to continue talking about it, he'd get to the bottom of his sudden change of viewpoints but not today. "That's just a poetic way of telling me to mind my own business."

"Then mind your own business," Draco shrugged. "why are you being such a prick, Theo? we were mates once-

"Yes, but you said yourself, a lot has changed since we last spoke," Theo emphasised. Too many things had changed since they last spoke, many things he can't explain and honestly doesn't want too. "Everyone has these little fucking secrets, and Blaise, Miles and Tracey are suddenly fine with Muggles. Fuck even you-

"I'm not fine," He interrupted rudely in Theo's opinion. " I am.. confused, like you."

Theo wanted to just walk away from this as Malfoy has no idea what he has gone through, He wasn't confused rather completely lost and has no intentions of finding himself.  "And how would you know how I feel about all this?"