Chapter 36. To Blaise

a/n: This takes place 3 months after the battle of Hogwarts.

The world was kind to Blaise, he had a girl who loved him, he had friends who loved him and above all he was alive and happy. He stepped into the small safe house that seemed so much smaller then he remembered.

"Blaise, what are you doing here?" Andromeda asked as she had Teddy in her arms.

"Oh, I came back to take someone my stuff," Blaise said trying to sound cheerful but the memories that this place brought only made him sad. "Luna and I got our own place."

"Well, that's nice." Andromeda said with a smile. "If you need help finding anything, just let me know."

"Okay." 

"And Blaise," Andromeda said as Blaise was about to walk away.

"Mhm."

"I'm very proud of you, for everything you've done." Andromeda said still smiling. "And i'm sorry for your loss, for the both of our loss."

"I'm sorry for your loss too." Blaise said smiling back.

Blaise walked down the hall and he without thinking wandered into Theo's old room. There was the blue jumper he first wore on the floor, dirty and dusty. He was wandering with caution. He tidied up Theo's room, which was pointless because no one's going to every use it again.

Blaise found a book under his pillow and a note that was written to Theo, the desk still broken off a piece. The room was exactly how he remembered, he could almost smell Theo's presence here.

He looked to the corner behind Theo's bed where the broken glass pieces remained, the slashes of old dried blood from the day Ted died. The fights he had with Theo, the times he had hated him for his humour but secretly laughed. 

Theo and his stupid jokes, how pathetic they were Blaise thought as he slowly sat on Theo's bed and breathed away all the painful laughs and tears. They were truly so pathetic, so so pathetic but he had to be honest, they were funny. He was the little ball of joy when they were all trapped here. Theo claimed he had no hope but he was the one who gave everyone hope Blaise realized.

He walked around trying to find something not really sure what, he took out the ring Theo gave him and gripped on it tightly. He was just a kid who wanted to make people happy, what was wrong with that? Why was life so cruel to him for that? 

Theo should be here, right now, by his side, making some stupid jokes about the war they survived. Why was he so stupid? Blaise wanted answers, he wanted to know why he didn't just listen. It pained him, it was too much too think about all the why's.

He saw a small paper sticking out at the bottom of the desk of the broken drawer. He pulled it out and it was a letter that said 'To Blaise'.

The envelope was dusty with black smudges, Blaise opened the envelope to find a long letter that was written for him.

Dear Blaise, you shit head.

This is honestly like really stupid but then again, stupid things for stupid people. You get it? This stupid war is honestly draining me, like stupidly draining me. Merlin, I wish you could see just how tired I am, and to see everyone else around me have someone to love then there's just me. Who was never good enough, I really hope you never tell Draco this but my whole life i've envied him. Man, Braco had the perfect family, he had money and was happy. And now I envy you too, you've got a fucking girl, you won't ever have to be alone. i don't want to apologize but I will for the stupid jokes I make, I don't know why I make them, there honestly not that funny. 

I don't even know the point of this bloody letter, I just wanted to write. Also, I got this ring that Ted gave me and if you tap the side it records voices and if you say 'Vox volviendo' it plays the recordings for you. It's pretty sick. I mean, if I don't make it out of this bloody war alive then so be it. But I hope you do, and I know i say that I hate you and shit but you are honestly one of the only family I've got left. I see you as a brother, a pretty shit one but still a brother. And if i'm not gonna be alive to say this to you one day then I'll say it now. I hope you can be happy and run off to sunset with your girl. Fuck hope, promise me, promise me that'll you will be happy and live your life. Because if I can't get happiness for myself then I want you to get happiness instead. I don't wanna say something like I love you cause that's weird but love you mate.

And honestly you could learn some humor from me, you are so boring.

From, 

much better looking and ridiculously funny brother, Theo.

Blaise couldn't tell if he was laughing or crying or both. Typical Theo, makes a joke about everything as he couldn't help but crack a smile without realizing it. 

He held the ring in his hand and pulled out his wand. "Vox volviendo" he said clearly and pointed at the ring. And the ring glowed an emerald green. One side started to flash a small red dot and then there were sounds of rumblings and breathings.

"Romeo and Juliet? really?" said a man's voice. "Now that's a surprise."

"It's always been my favourite book." said Theo. "well, what's yours, Ted?"

"The one I gave you, pride and prejudice." said Ted. "it's the classic enemies to lovers book."

"Oh, I finished it, might be my favourite book instead-

And then the voice cut off. And a few moments later more mumbling and rusting of the wind.

"Ted?" asked a shy voice.

"Yes, Theo?" responded Ted.

"Do you think one day I can release hell on earth and call it paradise?"

"I think," said Ted with a pause. "You can do whatever you want when the world is yours."

"Don't have much of a plan, you know," said Theo. "I just want to live ."

"Of course, your majesty." said Ted with a chuckle. 

And it was just more chuklings and the sound of making coffee. Blaise pointed his wand again and said "stop" and the recordings stopped playing and the glow went away.

Blaise looked back at the letter, and at the ring and held onto the things that Theo left behind. He wanted to just stay here, in this room. Blaise was not in denial or anything but he couldn't just move on with his life.

He didn't want to make any unrealistic promises to dead Theo about being happy or come crap like that. How did Theo expect him to just live? Honestly, what was left to live for when his brother just died. Even if he had Luna, it still felt pointless. Because no matter how much Blaise wanted to say that he didn't need Theo, he couldn't because during those times of hell, Theo seems to be the only one who had hope, who was able to pull everyone back from the edge.

Theo never actually gave up, he was just too tired of trying and Blaise as a friend and brother should have seen it, or realized it and helped his friend when he was crying for help. He felt so angry at himself. Theo would have never went after his father if Blaise just sat down with him and talked it out, but he didn't care. Blaise was too selfish and didn't care.

Each time when Blaise seemed to be falling of the edge, Theo was always there to pull him back with some stupid joke. Theo was always there, no matter what happened. And Blaise gave up on him. Blaise was the one who gave up.

Theo deserved better, so much better. Hell, he deserved the world, He should have been the boy who was happy.

a/n: I hope you guys enjoyed the story, I really loved writing this book.

I am currently working on another book, it's not going to be a fanfic but an original so I hope you guys will read it when i'm done writing. Thank you!!!! xoxo