06

Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the day off from rehearsals. This meant that laughter and a lot of joyous people were running around the opera house. Erik's peace was interrupted time and time again. Despite being so low down sound still echoed slightly in his home. Every so often he would look up and ponder what exactly the people up there were doing. How could they create so much noise? Did days off usually cause this much of a reaction? Erik also noted that if they could put this much attention and energy into playing around. Why could they not put the same attention to rehearsals?

He was almost glad when nightfall came. With nightfall came peace and quiet. Standing up and away from the organ he walked with slow steps over to the small boat. Easily manoeuvring it into the water he was soon drifting to the other side. Pulling the boat onto the stones out of old habit he walked towards the surface. There wasn't really any need to pull the boat onto the stones, there was no wind to make it sail away and drift out of reach.

"So enlighten me, why do you sit out here at night?" A voice questioned, looking over the runway, Erik looked to the sisters. Eleanor was leaning back against her hands looking up at the high ceiling.

"It's so quiet." Fleurette answered, her older sister gave her an unamused look. "It is! It's good to just sit somewhere so quiet and think."

"What do you think about?" Eleanor asked simply, Fleurette shrugged. "You don't know? That's silly. How can you not know of what you think about?" Eleanor laughed and yawned. "We should go to bed."

"Yes."

"Is that code for: in a minute and let me sit and think for a moment about things I cannot remember?" Eleanor smiled, Fleurette laughed and nodded. At least they were getting along now, no more little arguments or outburst. Being an outsider of sorts looking in, even Erik could see that Fleurette adored Eleanor. He also noted that she was about the only person she was honest with. "Fine, just do not be late." Eleanor embraced her sister tightly and stood up and left. Fleurette waved her sister off and laid down and shut her eyes.

"I do not suggest falling asleep out here on the stage. There are people who inhabit this building who would see fit to take advantage of a young sleeping woman."

"I'm not falling asleep. I'm merely laying with my eyes shut. Or as my mother used to say: I'm resting my eyes." Fleurette smiled and put her arms under her head to use as a pillow. "When you say that, you do not mean yourself included do you?" She followed up asking, sounding a little worried. Not that anyone wouldn't sound worried from hearing that there were perhaps some less than savoury people living under the same roof as herself.

"I do not." Erik answered and rested his arms against the runway railing in front of him. He couldn't help but have the slightest of smiles tugging at his lips, the little talks with Fleurette were somewhat entertaining, in a way. They killed time but also...they both got something from them, he believed. He was rather alone, and Fleurette was distant, in some way they had forged an ability and a want to speak to each other about whatever.

Fleurette sighed and opened her eyes. "Why do you hide?" Although it may have been a silly question, he was a ghost. He wouldn't be much of one if he was seen here, there and everywhere, right? But the question just came out, musing as her voice was she just simply stared upwards waiting for an answer.

"I am not meant to be seen." Well that was the obvious answer she was expecting, even Erik could see that as she huffed and rolled her eyes, his lips tilted upwards at the sides a little more.

"Only heard?"

"Correct."

Fleurette suddenly smiled, "You're answering questions even after you said you wouldn't!" She chuckled quietly. "Monsieur Opera Ghost how do you get to the roof top from here?"