34

"So, what dare I ask, needs your attention more at home than your friends here?" Meg asked casually, Fleurette was rocking in her chair and stopped to look at her.

"There are still things which need to get sorted out. Documents...and that..." Fleurette said awkwardly, it was an obvious lie. A obvious lie which Meg seemed to buy.

"That sounds dull."

"That's because it is!" Fleurette laughed. "But with Eleanor away someone needs to sift through it."

"And that someone is you?"

"Mmhm," she nodded slowly and ran her hands through her hair. "But luckily Claudia helps out."

"Who?" Meg asked confused and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh! Claudia is a servant, but also a very trusted friend." Fleurette nodded and smiled lightly, she frowned lightly. She was actually starting to believe her own lie, shaking her head slowly, she looked at Meg. "I better get going."

"Will you be here tomorrow?" Meg asked hopeful.

"Your mother gave me the day off." Meg's expression saddened a little. "But I may pop in!" Fleurette smiled, Meg clapped her hands together happily and jumped up from her chair. Fleurette laughed lightly when the blonde flung her arms around her.

"I would like that," Meg said quietly while taking a step back. "See with Eleanor now married that's one less person to spend time with. Also Christine is busy with Raoul all the time too. It's only you and me left really."

"You make it sound like everyone else has suddenly disappeared."

"I'm being dramatic I know," Meg smiled and winked at her. "Anyway don't let me keep you! The sooner you get all these annoying documents sorted out the sooner you can come back here!" She clapped her hands together happily again.

Fleurette smiled and nodded, saying a quick goodbye she picked up her cup, which was now empty and exited from the room. Looking over her shoulder, she watched Meg take to pottering around the room. Fleurette walked in the opposite direction to the exit and swung her arms loosely by her side. Much like earlier on, none of the stagehands paid the least piece of attention to a pottering dancer. Turning the corner, Fleurette walked down the corridor and the only sound which could be heard, apart from the distant chatter of the workers, was her pointe show blocks.

The sound echoed rather loudly through the quiet corridor, Fleurette had to admit it was a little unnerving really. Turning into a large kitchen space, Fleurette walked over to the sink and put her cup in it, quickly washing it up she put it to the side to drain. Looking around, she took to picking food out of the cupboards, any food which was light enough to travel with and that could be stored downstairs.

Usually the kitchen would be filled with people, but considering the time most of the people who inhabit the opera house had already eaten. Popping an apple in her mouth, Fleurette looked up at the clock. It was about quarter to seven, her talk with Meg wasted fifteen minutes if that. It was an enjoyable fifteen minutes though.

Putting the food she had collected into a material bag, she picked it up and casually strolled out of the room. Walking stiffly down the rest of the corridor she walked down the stairs as quickly as she could without tripping over her pointe shoes. "Hello, Erik! Sorry I'm late." Fleurette said while walking tentatively on the stony surface. Her battered and broken shoes were on the other side of the lake. She honestly didn't want to ruin her new ones here.

Erik perked up from his position in the boat and looked at her oddly. Fleurette after all was taking slow steps and stopping every so often. Lowering his book and putting it on the seat he jumped out and walked over to where she was attempting to walk. Rolling his eyes, he side stepped her and swiftly put his arms around her waist and lifted her up. She let out a surprised yelp but she soon found herself in the boat.