19

Erik was rather surprised that Fleurette even managed to sleep considering the sleep she got earlier on. Looking to the side he shook his head slowly. Fleurette had yet again managed to go to sleep leaning against his shoulder. There was no need to pick her up and carry her though because the two were sitting on the bed. They were previously just talking, there was no certain topic. Anything which came to mind they talked about. It was pleasant to not need to think up a conversation avenue to go down.

Leaning his head against hers, Erik looked around. There was a strange feeling dwelling in him. Erik soon pinned this down to one simple thing; acceptance. Fleurette had seemingly fully accepted him for what he was. Although admittedly when he looked at her earlier on, her eyes held a small amount of fear in them. People do typically fear what they don't understand.

Beside him the sleeping woman stirred slightly and rubbed her eyes. Leaning to sit up, she looked at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep against you."

"It's fine." He smiled lightly, Fleurette looked still half asleep and dazed. "Go back to the sleep." She nodded and reached down to hold onto his hand, Erik looked at her confused as she moved his arm to wrap around her. Fleurette then settled and leaned her head against his chest and shut her eyes again. Within minutes she was back asleep. Looking around with slight wide eyes it took him a little longer than it took her to go to sleep to relax back and get used to being used as a pillow. Although soon after, Erik wasn't sure when, but he too drifted off into a dreamless sleep, for once.

——

Fleurette slowly woke up, unwillingly but it happened regardless. Opening her eyes, she looked around. She had fallen asleep more or less sitting up. Tilting her head up she smiled lightly at the sight of Erik sleeping. Granted he was asleep sitting up, but surely that was comfier then sleeping against his desk. Reaching up she placed her hand against his cheek, he looked so peaceful when sleeping. Unlike last time he didn't jolt awake and wear an expression of deep confusion. He did however stir in his sleep, slowly but surely his eyes opened and looked around. Frowning lightly he looked at her.

"Hello," she said quietly, Erik reached up and removed her hand and held onto it.

"How long have you been awake for?"

"Not long, actually. A few minutes perhaps." Erik nodded and looked ahead. "What's wrong?"

"You should go back up when you're ready."

"Alright," she said while moving away from him and getting off of the bed. She walked slowly down to the boat and stood near it with a blank expression. "Ready when you are."

Erik nodded and walked down to stand in front of her. He climbed into the boat and turned to help her in. Sitting down, Fleurette watched the underground home vanish in the fog. The ride over to the other shore was silent.

Fleurette sat looking down at the dark water. Looking up when the boat halted she got helped out. "Goodbye, Erik. I hope you have a good day." She smiled and turned to walk off, she looked over her shoulder when he followed after her. "I do not think it is wise if you accompany me up. My sister for one will be on high alert and so will everyone else." Her words caused him to stop walking. He nodded and looked back to the boat. Fleurette quickly walked forward, tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek and turned and rushed back in the direction of the stairs.

"Don't run." Erik said sternly, Fleurette slowed her pace down. The last thing either of them wanted was for her to take a tumble again and hurt herself. When Fleurette disappeared through a doorway Erik turned back to the boat and set off back to his home.

Fleurette for one wasn't even surprised to see her sister looking concerned and worried, pacing to and fro on the stage. She knew, no one else believed her however, that the first place her sister would go to was the stage. Eleanor had explained her reason for her words, yet still no one believed her. Of course they wouldn't, she rolled her eyes. How else was anyone to know that the one place apart from a book filled library, that her little sister felt most at home was on the stage? Hearing shuffling noises, she turned and looked to a doorway. It was still early morning and no one else was up and about yet. She had got up proper early in case Fleurette reappeared.