11

"Are you even listening to me?" Eleanor peeked down at her sister. Fleurette pushed away from her hand and nodded quickly. "You're not! I can tell when you're lying. What is the matter? Did you not sleep well again? You're not mad at me for not returning yesterday are you?"

"No, I'm happy to hear you had a fun evening." Fleurette said quietly while stabbing the fork she was holding into the piece of food in front of her on the plate. Eleanor pulled a face and looked at the poor stabbed food. That must've really offended her in a past life.

"Are you sure you are alright?"

"Yes, I'm quite well."

"I'm quite well," Eleanor mimicked her sister and suffered getting glared at. "There is something wrong with you! What is it? You're not having trouble with someone are you?"

"In a way."

"They're not being mean are they? Because if they are they've got me to answer to!" Eleanor said defensively. Fleurette leaned against her hand again and smirked. The mental image of her ranting or even trying to give a lecture was always a funny one to have.

"One is being annoying, and the other I think I've offended in some way."

"What? There's two people? Oh my, my little flower what has happened? I went away for one night and I return and you're in trouble with two people!" Eleanor despaired and hung her head. Slowly she looked up at her sister. "Do I know these two people?"

"One you do, the other you do not."

Eleanor smirked, "I don't know one of them, huh? Are you keeping secrets from me, little flower? When did my sister turn into such a secretive person?" She said dramatically, Fleurette shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Explain to me your problems then."

"Which one do you want first?"

"Whichever one you feel easier explaining." Eleanor leaned back in her chair and reached out to grasp onto her cup. The two were currently sitting eating breakfast, the opera house around them was abuzz with noise and people. No one paid them a least bit of attention.

"Well...one hurt me."

"What?" Eleanor seethed. That was entirely the right reaction to have, who had hurt her sister, and where were they? No one dared hurt her, not without her coming in as backup, even if it was belated backup.

"Well...you see..." Fleurette twiddled her fingers and looked down at her lap. "He just sort of lashed out and well..."

"You're on about father here aren't you?" Though still angered, and her pulse still racing, Eleanor felt herself slowly cooling down. She could come as belated backup to defend her sister from anyone, she believed. But their father? Eleanor, even with her fiery natured moment, even she couldn't turn and speak to their father as she would to whomever else could hurt her.

"Yes."

"Fleurette, you shouldn't have gone to see him on your own." Eleanor shook her head. "What was the matter?" She held a hand up to silence the redhead from speaking. "Let me guess, he's trying to set you up again? He should learn that trying to force you to love someone, or even keep the façade of love up is going to be hard not to mention a failing mission." Eleanor shook her head again but in a sad fashion.

"I have to admit it didn't end well." Fleurette murmured.

"How'd this meeting end?"

"Well Charles seemed more than happy with us meeting. Me on the other hand...have a headache, because the man talks a lot. I explained to father that I cannot keep coming to these meetings especially considering the shows which are coming up soon." Fleurette paused. "He reasons if he can then so can I, sure we work in the same place but we don't have the same job, do we?"