10

Fleurette had to admit for the first time in a long time she had managed to get a decent nights sleep. Although when her eyes opened all that was around her was darkness. Darkness which was being kept at bay by the minimum amount of candles. Lifting her head up from the pillow she looked around. Her mind recalled all of which happened the previous night. Sighing and standing up she walked quietly and carefully down from where the bed was. Straightening her skirt out she looked around and spotted Erik asleep against his desk.

That honestly can not be comfortable, she thought simply as she walked over. Reaching out slowly, she put a hand on his shoulder. Jumping and letting out a startled yelp she almost fell over but managed to catch herself on a nearby candle stick. The object which just saved her balance wasn't that much taller than herself but she was grateful of it being there. Erik sat bolt upright looking extremely startled by the wake up call. Frowning lightly he turned and looked at Fleurette as she let go of the dark piece of furniture.

"Good morning, Erik." She smiled slowly not too sure if it was morning or not. "Sorry for waking you up. You really didn't look very comfortable laying there." Fleurette said while running a hand through her hair and then reaching behind herself to tie it loosely in a ribbon which she kept tied around her wrist at most times. Erik hadn't answered her back and kept looking at her with slight indifference. "Are you alright?" She questioned while leaning down to his level and looking him in the eyes. Tilting her head to the side she lifted up a hand and reached out to his face. This instinctively caused him to flinch and shy away from her. Even so she placed her hand against his forehead and ran it down to rest on his cheek. "What's wrong?" Fleurette smiled.

"When I sleep I do not have pleasant dreams."

"I woke you up from a nightmare?" Fleurette's smile faltered. "When someone's having a nightmare they're not meant to be woken up from it. I'm sorry for waking you, Erik."

"I'm grateful you did."

"Oh," she looked a little confused yet stood up straight. Crossing her arms, she nodded and smiled lightly at him. "You're welcome then."

"You must be wanting to go back up."

"Well," Fleurette paused and looked around. "I do like it down here but I figure I must go back. Eleanor will be very worried if I don't appear. That's if she even returned back last night and knows of me not being in the dancer's quarters." She said thoughtfully while shuffling her feet on the stony ground below her.

"I will take you back."

"I remember the way it's fine."

"Do you know how to steer a boat?" Erik smirked and stood up. He straightened his waistcoat and shirt out and looked at Fleurette. She sheepishly smiled and shook her head slowly. "I didn't think so."

"Well what if I did? Then what smart comment would you say to that?"

"I wouldn't have one." He said simply, she pouted and wagged a finger up at him. "Yes?"

"You have a sarcastic side to you!" Fleurette said jokingly and turned on her heels and walked quickly to the bed. Picking up her cloak and bag she easily slipped the strap over her shoulder and then threw the material around her shoulders. Picking up the black suit jacket on the bed she folded it over her arms and walked quickly back to stand in front of him. Lifting her arms out she lowered them when he took the piece of clothing from her. "Erm..."

"Yes?" Erik looked at Fleurette who had a puzzled expression on her face. She fidgeted on the spot and then tiptoed a little to his level. He tensed from the close contact and looked down at her.

"Your tie was crooked." She said simply while walking past him and eyeing the boat up with a reserved look.

"Do you need help?"