43

Erik frowned and looked at Fleurette when she started coughing again. The two of them sat in the small park which was close to her home. Sitting on a bench in silence was nice, although a little strange considering the events of the evening. "Will you go?" Fleurette whispered while turning on the bench and looking at him. She rubbed tentatively at her eyes and frowned down at the soot which was still on her fingers.

Erik uncrossed his arms and turned to look at her. He reached into his jacket pocket, Fleurette had given his jacket back to him soon after they left Giry's company. Opening the paper, he looked over the jotted down times. Madame Giry and Meg and the rest of the performers seemed to be travelling over in the evening. Why the evening, Erik didn't know, perhaps they opted for the evening in case he would travel over with them.

"You're going to go, aren't you? I can see it, you don't even need to answer." Fleurette said quietly and turned around to face the darkened surroundings of the park. Her eyes eventually settled on the pond, she shuddered ever so slightly. The last time she was here she had swam in there to save little Josephine.

"Yes," Erik admitted, Fleurette pulled a face and looked at him sidewards. "It is best I do not stay."

"So you would rather people believe you to be dead?"

"Putting it bluntly, but yes." Erik looked up at the sky. The view obviously from the park was much clearer. The stars twinkled and some hid behind grey clouds, frowning lightly he looked at her.

"Fleurette?"

"What?" She muttered sourly and refused to look up at him.

Erik reached out and turned her to face him. "Come with me." He said quietly, Fleurette's eyes widened and she stared at him at shock. "You once said that you didn't want to leave, you also said that you didn't care for travelling if I was with you." Erik paused and looked thoughtfully down at the bench before looking up at her again. "But what if I wanted to travel, would you come too?"

Fleurette's eyes still stared at him unblinkingly for a few more moments before she blinked rapidly and looked at him seriously. She didn't answer but instead leaned against him and held onto him tightly. Erik shut his eyes and put a hand on her back, opening his eyes slowly he looked up in the direction of the opera house. Even from where they sat, he could still clearly see the smoke billowing up into the air. "I would love to." Fleurette's voice was so quiet that it was almost inaudible.

Erik watched as she moved away from him. "You do not have to."

"You're silly," Fleurette smiled lightly and wagged a finger at him. "There is no way you are travelling over to America without me. Where you go, I go, got it?"

Nodding slowly Erik ran a hand through her red curls and looked around. "We should go, I am sure Eleanor is already worrying about where you are."

"You are coming with me, aren't you?"

"You said where I go you'll go, can that not be reversed?" Erik questioned, a happy smile appeared on Fleurette's face, nodding slowly she stood up and nodded in the direction to the path which lead out of the park and towards her house.

"You are on your own." Were the first words which escaped Eleanor's mouth when Fleurette had got escorted into the living room alongside Claudia. Fleurette looked around and nodded slowly, she then smiled and sat down. "You're not are you?" Eleanor questioned with a hard smile on her face, Fleurette grinned and leaned back in the chair. Wriggling to sit up, she held her hands out to the fire and warmed her hands up.

"I have to say for someone who has not only had a performance to do, but also been caught up in a fire, you are looking quite well, Fleurette." Claudia said while shooting a worried look to Eleanor.