32

Eleanor sat in one of the theatre seats with a confused expression on her face. The dancers on the stage were minus her sister, which lead to where was Fleurette? "She doesn't usually appear until gone three." Meg smiled kindly when they were quickly taking a break.

Eleanor's expression went from calm to shocked all in a matter of a minute. "I need to find her."

"I don't know where she is." Meg shrugged, "She's not been in the dancer's quarters since you left."

Eleanor now looked up at the blonde with deep concern, if she wasn't with the other dancers, and she wasn't sleeping in the same quarters as the dancers, then where was Fleurette? Eleanor was about to ask Meg something else but she got pulled back into practising. Madame Giry appeared, stern faced as ever. "Do you know where she is?"

"No, I do not," Giry spoke honestly, she had no idea where Fleurette went after practise. Although she could be partially lying, she did know of a place where she would visit. Madame Giry wasn't however, about to walk down below the opera house with Eleanor in tow. She could only imagine how Erik would react to that, in second thoughts, she couldn't even remotely think how he would react to them two appearing. "Do you need her for a serious matter?"

"Yes!" Eleanor exclaimed and put her head in her hands.

Madame Giry looked down at her concerned and waited for her to calm down. "Well, what is it?"

"She has yet to get a dress for the wedding. I know! I know it will interfere with the practising she's taking part in..but...oh I don't know."

"Wait here, I'll go search for her." Madame Giry spoke while turning on her heels and walking off of the stage. Against her better judgement she was venturing down to that place, all for the sake of one woman.

Erik stood on the stony bank and watched as a distant glow made its way down the stairs. Crossing his arms he frowned, there was only one person who would venture down here. As to why she was here was a totally different matter. It wasn't like she was down here for a friendly visit. There were no such things as friendly visits between the two.

Turning on his heels, he walked slowly over to where Fleurette still laid curled up and asleep. He honestly didn't want to wake her up, she looked so at peace it would be mean to wake her up. Looking over his shoulder, Erik watched as the dwindling glow moved further down the stairs, very soon it would be at the same level as the dark lake.

Reaching down and putting a hand on her shoulder, Erik gently shook the sleeping form. Usually when Fleurette had stayed down here, he would let her sleep in until the afternoon just because she needed the sleep. "Wake up," Erik whispered to her, Fleurette's eyes squeezed shut before they slowly opened and looked confused.

Slowly, and after blinking out the lingering sleep, she looked up at him. Sitting up, she stretched slowly and looked at him. "It's time for practise already?"

"No," Erik frowned, she looked at him confused, she looked confused more over his slightly annoyed tone than anything else.

"What's wrong, Erik?" Fleurette leaned against her knees and looked at him. He didn't answer but instead moved out of the way and let her see the dwindling light in the distance. She gasped and sat bolt upright in the bed. "W-who?"

"Giry, who else?" Erik held onto one of her hands and helped her to stand, Fleurette looked down at her bandaged feet and then up at him.

"What can she want?"

"Something tells me she's not here to get you to come to an earlier practise." Fleurette raised an eyebrow at him. "Come, we must go." Erik led her down to the boat and helped her in. After a few silent minutes the other shore came into view.