45

"You really should get some sleep." Erik stated while shifting in his seat in front of the small fire in Fleurette's room.

She sat beside him, her eyes glazed over as she stared at the flames. "Your home," Fleurette said quietly and looked at him. "It's all gone...why is this dawning on me only now?"

"Because I believe you have been in minor shock since earlier on."

"Oh, Erik, I'm sorry."

"It is not your fault."

"I should have stayed with them though, I could have stopped it from happening. After all I was the only sober person in the group."

Erik let out a sigh and looked at her, "What happened happened, I do not think you could stop it even if you tried." Fleurette rubbed her eyes, "Get some sleep before you pass out, Fleurette." She opened an eye and looked at him, after rubbing her eyes for a few more moments she nodded slowly. Erik just wasn't expecting her to lay down in his lap, putting a hand on her hair Erik ran his fingers slowly through the red curls. Hearing quiet steady breathing he looked down, Fleurette was fast asleep. Nodding slowly, Erik managed to move himself from being used as a pillow again, turning and picking her up Erik moved over to the bed and laid her down.

Sleeping in a bed would be a lot comfier than sleeping on the floor. Tucking some of her hair over her ear, Erik sighed when Fleurette slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. "Will tomorrow be all right?" Fleurette whispered, Erik looked thoughtfully up at the ceiling before looking at her. "Can you say it'll be all right even if you can't guarantee it?"

"It'll be fine, Fleurette," Erik said, she looked relieved, he shook his head slowly. It was odd that him possibly lying made her feel better.

Fleurette fidgeted and patted the bed beside her, Erik frowned lightly and looked at her. "You need rest too." She reasoned, standing up he shrugged off his jacket and settled back down in his seat at the end of her bed.

Watching the flames, Erik looked to the side when Fleurette pulled herself down from the bed, she reached over and pulled the covers with her. Throwing some of it over his shoulders she cocooned herself and leaned her head against his shoulders.

"Can I still be a dancer?"

Erik smiled and leaned his head against hers. "You can be unless you want to do something else."

"But I'm good at dancing." Fleurette said quietly while her eyes slowly drifted shut, Erik looked down at her, Fleurette had yet again fallen asleep against his shoulder.

When morning came, Erik's eyes slowly opened and looked into a pair of green irises. Fleurette smiled and reached up to push a stray piece of hair away from his eyes. Looking around slowly, it soon registered to him that although they had fallen asleep sitting up, they had ended up laying down eventually. In fact, Erik now laid tightly holding onto Fleurette, even if she wanted to move or leave the room she wouldn't be able to.

"Good morning," she said quietly, the curtains behind them shifted in a light breeze which was coming through the window which was partially open. The sun filtered into the room and bathed everything in a warm yellow orange glow. Fleurette settled back down and listened to the sounds which were happening from below. There were voices talking idly, the casual way in which they conversed easily led Fleurette to believe it was Claudia and Geoffrey down there.

Erik absentmindedly took to running his fingers through Fleurette's hair, "I need you to do something for me."

"What is it?" She opened her eyes and looked at him thoughtfully.

"If I give you an address, will you go to it, and also relay the message I will tell you?"

"Yes." Fleurette nodded slowly and managed to wriggle out from his arms. She sat up and pushed her ruffled hair over her shoulder. She straightened out her sleeves and watched out of the corner of her eyes as Erik sat up and rummaged in his jacket pocket. "Erik, I am sure I have a piece of paper you could use, you don't need to scribble on the back of the ship times." Fleurette rolled her eyes and moved past him to pull a pad of paper off of her desk. Handing it out, she leaned back against the bed and watched him jot down something on the paper. After he was done he held it out to her, looking at the paper Fleurette frowned at the address.