39

Erik stood with his arms leaning against the runway, below him right this moment Madame Giry stood gripping tightly onto a letter. He could see the evident displeasure on her face. Was it honestly so bad that he enjoyed annoying the woman, even if it was just a little bit? She lowered her arm and tucked the letter which was in her grasp into her dress pocket. Giry then took to looking around for him.

"She will need to come up soon you know. We have to run through the whole thing before tonight." Of course she would say something to counter his letter.

His letter of which consisted of Erik telling her, and anyone else it concerned, that Fleurette would not be present for most of the day. She needed to rest up for the night, if Erik's sleeping patterns were similar to someone else's, he wouldn't have witnessed the broken sleep Fleurette had last night. There was a point when she had woken up, ventured down to where he sat reading and sat with him for a while. She actually ended up going to sleep against his shoulder, but when Erik went to move her, she woke up again.

The nerves were starting to kick in for her, and those nerves had clearly affected her sleep. So the only reasonable thing Erik had thought of was to tell Giry that Fleurette would be sleeping in so she could catch up on what sleep she missed last night. "Oh, be rest assured she is not staying with me all day." Erik said while leaning away from the runway, although truth be told he would very much like Fleurette's company for the day. "She will come up when she's awake and ready."

"Or when you want to let her go?"

"Now, now," Erik shook his head and smirked down at the stage. "You make it sound like I have her captive. Far from it in fact; that is so far from the truth," turning and walking down the runway, Erik briefly glanced down at the older woman one last time before disappearing. "Until tonight, Madame Giry."

"You will be attending?"

"Of course, why do you sound so shocked?" Erik watched as she turned on her heels and took to trying to find him. The one problem was Madame Giry more often than not actually discovered where he was be hiding. Taking a step back into the runways shadows, Erik leaned up against the wall. Pushing some ropes out of the way he looked up at the ceiling. "Alright, sure I do not attend all shows, I mainly don't for one reason or more. But I'll be attending this evenings."

"Just for Fleurette."

"Mainly," Erik admitted with a light frown. He admittedly didn't really like how personal this conversation was getting. Erik turned and walked off silently. He heard Giry say something but he didn't reply.

When Erik returned back to his home, Fleurette was still fast asleep. That didn't surprise him, she did after all have a lot of sleep to catch up on. Erik was at a slight loss of what to do, putting his hands in his jacket pockets he walked slowly past the organ and his desk. Sitting down on the edge of the bed he glanced up at the ceiling and then to the sleeping woman beside him.

Fleurette looked so peaceful when she was asleep. She did frown now and again and look a little troubled, but as soon as the troubled expression appeared it was gone. He was debating when to actually wake her up. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Giry was right. Fleurette would need to go back up soon, a very quick rehearsal of everything needed to be done. The rehearsal wouldn't be very successful if one act was missing in action.

Letting out a quiet sigh, Erik reached up and put his hand on her shoulder. Shaking Fleurette slowly he watched as she tried to wake up. Erik didn't really want to wake her up, he was quite content to let her lay there and sleep. "Fleurette, you need to wake up." Erik stated while shaking her again, she buried her head in the pillow. Raising an eyebrow, Erik removed his hand from her shoulder and crossed his arms. Standing slowly up, Erik walked off, he picked up cup from his desk and tipped the pens and pencils out from it. Walking over to the dark lake he crouched down and collected some water.